PDA

View Full Version : Straight Flush draw facing a lot of action

PlanoPoker
10-10-2003, 06:32 PM
The game: 1-2 Pot Limit live. Its the end of the night and the table is playing loose-aggressive, 6-handed.

Preflop:
UTG+1 (stack=$100) makes it $7 to go.
UTG+2 (stack=$400) calls.
UTG+3 (stack=$200) calls.
BB (stack=$200) has 7d4d and calls.
(I folded in the SB)

Board: Ac 5d 6d

Flop:
UTG+1 bets half pot ($15).
UTG+2 pots it ($60). The pot is now $105.
UTG+3 thinks for some time, and during this time it becomes clear to him that the BB is also interested in the pot. He calls. Pot is now $165.

It is $60 to the BB with a straight flush draw. It is clear by the amused look on UTG+1's face that he is just waiting to fold. What hands do you think these three players have, and how should the BB act?

sillyarms
10-10-2003, 07:47 PM
BB should re-raise all in. He's got lots of equity in the pot and it looks like he may get several callers on a straight flush draw which is friggin great.

I think that UTG+1 has trip aces and is setting everybody up with the small bets but I cannot be sure enough to fold here.
UTG+2 has trips or 2 pair(56).
UTG+3 has AQ or AK and mabye diamond suited
just a guess though I'd have to play with these people to have any reasonable degree of accuracy.
The only thing that scares me is the trips and somebody with a higher flush draw. but still without knowing for sure I'm going all in every time.

silly

tewall
10-10-2003, 08:09 PM
I never do well at these, but I'll guess UTG+1 has a high pair (but not aces). UTG+2 has an Ace with a good kicker. UTG+3 has Ax suited in diamonds.

If I'm BB I hope I'm wrong about UTG+3 and I go all in. Even if I'm right, I still have 8 outs twice with the straight draw.

happyjaypee
10-11-2003, 12:15 AM
I'd raise all-in here. The most caller the better, gives you better pot odds. The real danger here is a better flush draw witch take BB down to 6 out for the str8 and lots of redraw as somebody surely got a set here plus the better flush draw.

Anyway, I'd push in here, close my eyes and pray will reaching to my wallet to posibly rebuy whitout remorse.

-Happy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif