PDA

View Full Version : How long do I hang around with these Overcards?

stantheman
10-10-2003, 05:59 PM
Hand from UB a few minutes ago:

I'm dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif in SB. 3 calls to me, I complete, BB checks. 5 see the flop.

Flop comes 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to MP, who bets. I am the only caller.

Turn is 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, he bets, I call.

River is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, he bets, I fold.

A couple questions:

- Raise pre-flop? I thought about it, but the only player I could see chasing is the BB and I'm not nearly confident enough in KQo to be pushing extra $ into the pot.

- Did I hang around too long with my overcards and backdoor draws? I'm still in the process of learning and practicing outs vs. pot odds, so in hindsight I'm not sure if I should have folded sooner.

Any opinions? Thanks in advance. Stan

rkiray
10-10-2003, 06:08 PM
Calling preflop is correct. Definitely don't raise. On the flop you probably have 10 outs, so you are a 37:10 dog, six bets in the pot, calling is correct.

On the turn you are 3.6:1 dog, and there are 4 big bets in the pot, so you should call, but just barely.

River fold is good.

BTW, how's the Hulk these days? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

GuyOnTilt
10-10-2003, 06:37 PM
The fact that his overcard outs are not always going to be clean here makes this a fold on the turn IMO. To adjust for the fact that one of his overcards may not be good, I'd give him 9 outs instead of 10, making this a fold on the turn. That's just my .02.

stantheman
10-10-2003, 07:38 PM
Hulk? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Bandorn
10-10-2003, 08:26 PM
As the only caller, would it not have been better to C/R on the flop? Then see if he will check it down to the river. Letting yuo bluff at the ace on river.

Or if He 3 bets flop. At least yuo can turn it loose sooner.

Is this too Aggrosive? To loose?