PDA

View Full Version : Even though I feel I played this perfectly, rate my play on this hand

Justaloser
10-09-2003, 10:53 PM
typical low limit game

I get QQ in MP.

3 folders, 1 limper before me. I raise. CO is Loose/Passive (LP) and button is unknown (UK) to me. Both call as do the blinds and player to my right.

6 to see the flop.

9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif j /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me. I bet (easy bet, right?), LP calls, UK raises, next three fold, I three bet, MP calls, UK folds.

turn is K /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet (once again, easy right?), MP calls.

river is 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

What now? I bet, he calls.

Results

He turns over K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Robk
10-09-2003, 11:19 PM
I think you played it fine.

GuyOnTilt
10-10-2003, 12:02 AM
You played it fine. However, with the completely uncoordinated flop you could just call UK's raise, since it probably means he has a Jack and would bet if checked to on the turn. This would allow me to check-raise the turn and trap the CO and MP for extra bets.

Allan
10-10-2003, 10:07 AM
I think it is better to get the hand heads up against the button rather than keeping the MP in for an extra small bet. If you only call the botton raise you are offering 17:1 ( if I counted correctly) This is enough for a bare Ace or King to take one off here. I think you've got to raise here to reduce those odds offered to the MP. I don't think the objective with this hand should be to win more bets.

Allan

Ed Miller
10-10-2003, 10:09 AM
Yes, you played fine.

Allan
10-10-2003, 10:11 AM
I think you played this hand perfect on every street

Allan

Justaloser
10-10-2003, 10:13 AM
I don't understand. I bet every time it was to me.
Not once did I call on this hand.

chesspain
10-10-2003, 10:18 AM
I also think you played it fine. He is much more likely to be playing a single J than he is to be holding two pair or a higher pocket pair than you have.

Allan
10-10-2003, 10:47 AM
I was responding to GuyonTilt who suggested you only call the flop raise in order to trap the player between for an extra small bet.

Allan

Justaloser
10-10-2003, 11:35 AM
Oops, sorry.