PDA

View Full Version : TTH v5.0 mini-review

05-10-2002, 03:47 PM
Hit my mailbox the other day and I installed it, programmed a few games to play like those I frequent. Twenty-odd bucks was not bad to upgrade good ol' TTH, and it shipped and arrived in about 3 days. Not bad, Wilson.

More or less works and interfaces like the other Wilson products, but with more bells and whistles. I especially appreciate "no flop - no drop" and chop blinds options, makes tracking virtual money more realistic.

My only gripe so far: the graphical interface is like that used in the most recent Omaha Hi-lo Turbo product, meaning it resembles the look of a Paradise Poker table and has the same button setting as in the current Turbo Omaha. Looks nice, but I prefer the navigation of the older style ... I'm not playing this to entertain my eyes, but instead to learn. I may set the program to revert to the older graphics so I can play more quickly and efficiantly.

More lineups including loose ones, although you still have to tweak it out to get a true ram 'em jam 'em lineup. Supposedly the Advisor is improved for HU and against loose lineups, and I have learned that it adjusts for looseness by virtue of the average number of people seeing the flop. Makes sense in a realistic way, as that's how I do it. New Advisor is also supposed to be tougher. Good.

Haven't played enough to know what tactical changes have been effected, and have yet to run any sims to investigate any niggling issues in my game that have been bothering me. Probably won't for a while, as this weekend will be devoted to study of tournaments, O/8 and PLHE.

Bob Wilson, if you're reading this please develop a good Turbo program for Pot-limit and/or No-limit Holdem. I'll be first in line. While you're at it, a upgrade to Tournament Texas Holdem v3.0 would be nice if you could include an advisor feature a'la Turbo products.