PDA

View Full Version : The worst play of AA I've ever seen!

thwang99
10-09-2003, 08:26 PM
Just played a 3/6 online hand. Worst play of AA I've ever seen! This guy raises when the implied odds hand hits, and checks when the implied odds hands are drawing.

2 limpers, and I post with K5s. LP raises with AA, blind, limpers and I call. I call cause the raiser is to my immediate right, and I can raise and get money in if the flop hits me.

Flop comes a SWEET 5h 2s 9s. Checked to me, and I check with the intention of check-raising. AA guy checks too!

Turn comes 6h. Checked to me again, I bet with my potential 14-outer, everyone calls.

River comes a sweet 4s. I bet, AA guy raises, I just call fearing AQs or some type of hand like that.

He flips up AA, totally unexpected. Just wanted to share. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

- Tony

P.S. On a side note, later in that session, I get AK in the SB, one EP limper, I complete, BB calls. Flop KQ9r. Woohoo. I check, BB bets, EP limper calls, I check-raise, they both call.

Turn x. I bet again, they both call. River an Ace, no flush or obvious straight draw made it. I bet, BB calls, EP raises now??? I 3-bet, suspecting he has two pair (Ax, with the x pairing the flop). He just calls, and shows QQ. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

rkiray
10-09-2003, 09:56 PM
I'm confused. Is the AA on your right or left?

haakee
10-09-2003, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call cause the raiser is to my immediate right, and I can raise and get money in if the flop hits me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is confusing. It appears from the rest of the post that he was on your left. With K5s you'd prefer him to be on your left so if you "hit" on the flop (where hitting is almost always going to be a flush draw) you can check-raise the field.

Calling w/K5s when you've posted is fine. However, you should cap almost every time online with the second nuts on the river.

I agree, AA played it very poorly. Although his preflop play was perfect. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

chesspain
10-09-2003, 11:10 PM
I would have just bet the flop. With a lowish middle pair (even with a good kicker) and a four flush, you want to get everyone's money into the pot without necessarily having to put in more than one or two bets yourself. With a checkraise, you risk not only have the hand checked around, but you may have to put in 2 or 3 bets, and you may knock out everyone but the hand(s) which will dominate you if you don't hit any of your outs. Since your hand will almost certainly need to improve to win, why not keep in all the potential dead money while saving yourself a bet or two now?

thwang99
10-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Hey guys,

Oops yeah, he was on my left, I mean. Oops. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's also the reason I didn't bet the flop, didn't want him raising his probably overpair.

About capping the river, he checked till the river, so I was really thinking nut flush. /images/graemlins/frown.gif But then again, on the flop when checked to, he would have bet his nut draw, you'd think. Ok, maybe I played it badly too.

- Tony

Max Weinberg
10-09-2003, 11:35 PM
He's obviously using the Sklansky method of stopping the five outers from drawing out him after the river. Jeez, read your HPFAP, guys.

Ulysses
10-10-2003, 02:25 AM
Easy river 3-bet.