PDA

View Full Version : 87s from UTG+1 (Don't give me any crap yet....)

Gomez22
10-09-2003, 06:12 PM
Party .50/1.00 table... typically 5 or more players to the flop. Been getting sucked out on by pillow-biting calling stations again.

UTG+1 with: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I decide to try and limp here..... not very much PF raising going on, I know that at least 3 others will go along, because they have yet to meet 2 hole cards they don't have an emotional attachment to. (I would normally NEVER do this, but in this situation, I figured it was a chance to vary my play a little).

UTG(calling station) limps, I limp, folded to MP(calling station) who calls, CO folds, button folds, SB raises (he's another one of those calling stations), BB calls, everyone else calls.

FLOP: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (Oh, goodie!!!!)

SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, I raise, MP folds, SB re-raises, BB folds, UTG folds, I cap, SB calls.

TURN: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif (not the best thing to happen since sliced bread, if ya know what I mean.....)

SB checks, I bet, he calls.

RIVER: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, I raise, he called.

I took it down with the full house.... he had pocket 6's.

This guy ahad sucked out on me so bad before this... even after this, he became obsessed with calling me down ANY hand I played....... Never lost a pot to him after this hand, though..... Can someone say..... "TILT"?

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SoCalPat
10-09-2003, 08:12 PM
I don't see anything wrong with your play preflop as long as you're incorporating it under the "Varying One's Play" topic of HE.

To keep from being too predictable, it's not a bad idea to play substandard hands from early position once in a while. It's not like you played pure, unadulterated unsuited trash. It ain't AQs, either, but you played something you'd gladly play from the button for one bet, given the table's texture, and you hit.

Not only that, but you got at least one player at the table believing you'll play anything from any position. Outstanding job.

Allan
10-09-2003, 09:15 PM
Hmmmm, unless you play on Tues evenings at Party, I don't think you need to vary your play at this limit.

I don't mind the limp, but I'm probably not going to be doing it for the sake of varying my play. I'll play it if the conditions are favorable. The things I want to be sure of are

1)there are gonna be a lot of poor limpers and

2)I can't remmeber the last time a preflop raise was.

As for the way the hand played out I think you played it great. Why the worry over the turn card?

Allan