PDA

View Full Version : Party 5/10...turn decision.

Bob S.
10-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Pretty good 5/10 game...I have Ah9h in EP. Utg open limps, I call 2 seats behind him, cutoff raises, bb calls as do utg and myself. 4 to the flop of AsKh5s. The bb (A very loose and overly agressive player) leads out, utg folds, I raise, cutoff ( not to good of a player who had just been whining about his pocket pairs not winning) calls as does the bb. The turn brings the 4d. BB checks, I bet, CO calls, now the bb checkraises both of us. What is your play and why???

Bob S.

Redhotman
10-09-2003, 06:42 PM
You should have folded before the flop.

I think BB has two pair or a set.

Bob S.
10-09-2003, 06:57 PM
With the exception of the bb...this was a very loose mostly passive game with players paying off. I think folding A9 suited in this spot would be giving up EV and I'm pretty sure Dynasty would agree with me on that one. The BB doesn't have AK and if he has aces over 4's or 5's I still have odds to draw. I called the turn and the CO finally mucked. The river paired the king and I called the BB's bet who showed the Js9s. The CO started bellymoaning about his QQ getting cracked even though he almost called to the river with it. I don't see how folding Axs after another player open limps in this game and usually creates multiway pots.

Bob S.

Redhotman
10-09-2003, 07:29 PM
When you said the game was good i thought that meant tight. My mistake, in a loose passive game I would play A9s after UTG open limps.

Bandorn
10-09-2003, 08:20 PM
perhaps Im overly aggrosive. But I figured yuo should 3-bet the turn. Thus making cutoff fold are call 2bb after being C/R. Id want him to fold so I can play BB headsup. Id then check call river.

Is there a flaw in my reasoning?

jdsmoooth
10-09-2003, 09:01 PM
I raise. You said he's pretty loose but my guess he's raising on a flush draw or second best pair. Try to single him out. I'm a pretty aggressive player, but I think this is the right move.

Bob S.
10-10-2003, 04:40 AM
Wow...I'm suprised some people felt I should 3 bet. I guess here is my reasoning for not though. I was really suprised that he didn't go nuts with the flush draw on the flop and I was totally shocked he made that move on the turn. I was really thinking he had top and bottom pair myself which I am a dog to and would probably get capped against. Even though he is a total maniac I get a bit shaky when someone checkraises two players on the turn.

Bob S.

lil'
10-10-2003, 10:34 AM
A seemingly total brick has hit the turn and he check-raises both of you. I think you can let this one go and not lose too much sleep over it.

If he loves check-raising with a draw, I guess you can call, but not many people do this.

I'm surprised nobody else has advocated folding either.

lil'
10-10-2003, 10:37 AM
I was really suprised that he didn't go nuts with the flush draw on the flop and I was totally shocked he made that move on the turn.
More evidence to support folding. Your read on this guy is he would ram a flush draw down your throat on the flop, so go with your read and let it go. Save 2BB here.