PDA

View Full Version : JJ on the button..... Opinions??? (Not sure about myPF play)

Gomez22
10-09-2003, 04:00 PM
Party .50/1.00 table.... kinda tight.... weird thing is, bad hands are winning pots, so I suspect some weak/tight players here. 8 players at the table:

I'm on the button with

J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

The player in the CO & I had just gotten through our own personal little war when I was in the BB with pocket kings. We capped raising PF, 3 bet the flop, 3 bet the turn, and capped the river (I won the hand unimproved.... not sure what he had). He's my nemesis this hand, also.

UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP calls, CO raises, I smoothcall the jacks.... maybe I shoulda 3 bet, I'll explain later.... MP calls.

QUESTION #1: Should you 3 bet with jacks? And if so, does position matter?

FLOP: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP checks, CO bets, I raise, MP folds, CO calls.

TURN: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

CO bets out again, I raise again, he calls... figured if he had the flush, he woulda 3 bet here, but can't figure why he would bet out into me here when he didn't reraise me on the flop (unless he wnated to represent the flush...)

RIVER: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

CO checked, I bet, he called.

Anyone want to guess what he had?

Also.... anything wrong with the way I played this hand. I should say that this player had been PF raising about 30% of the time, and I really couldn't respect his PF raises. If I shoulda 3 bet because of that reason alone, I can understand, and I thought about it, but he DID have pocket aces about 10 hands before this or so, and PF raised, so he wasn't ALL full of it.

ElSapo
10-09-2003, 04:03 PM
I like how you played the hand, except for PF. I would have three-bet here, especially if your opponent is raising 30% of the time pre-flop. Otherwise, I think you played it fine.

Homer
10-09-2003, 04:09 PM
weird thing is, bad hands are winning pots, so I suspect some weak/tight players here.

Weak/tight players usually don't win with bad hands.

QUESTION #1: Should you 3 bet with jacks? And if so, does position matter?

I see no reason not to three-bet here. Get it heads-up with the LAG and pound him postflop. Don't give the blinds and the limper a chance to come in with Ax/Kx/Qx.

Anyone want to guess what he had?

43o? You played the hand fine postflop, btw.

-- Homer

GuyOnTilt
10-09-2003, 04:09 PM
I don't like your cold-call preflop. You should be looking 3-bet to isolate here to maximize your chances of winning unimproved. On a side-note, I'd reraise with TT in this spot as well.

On the turn, I don't like your raise if you're not willing to fold to a 3-bet. If you are, then it's a good raise. If not, then I'd just call him down from here.

slavic
10-09-2003, 04:11 PM
I 3 bet PF and play this heads up, or if MP really wants to see the flop he is putting 2 more in possibly 3. Smooth calling only allows for the MP and possibly the BB to play the hand and you don't want that with JJ.

Gomez22
10-09-2003, 04:22 PM
The reason I say weak/tight is that I was thinking those players were getting raised or bet out of the pot by LAGs. It was happening almost every hand.

PokerNoob
10-09-2003, 04:34 PM
He had A8s of not diamonds.

I would 3 bet the Jacks preflop also to a player that was pf raising with anything.

Gomez22
10-09-2003, 04:45 PM
He had:

A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif