PDA

View Full Version : Party $50-1 Stud?

CMP
10-09-2003, 10:16 AM
Hello--

Brand new online player here at party.

Been trying all the games just for fun, but the $.50-1 stud games have seemed particularly good so far.

People very readable, very loose, very passive, and some puzzling play. Many hands I was not in, I'd think to myself, "what the heck could that guy be calling with?"

Anyone here play party regularly at this or any other level? General thoughts? Where does the skill pick up?

CMP

crockpot
10-09-2003, 04:15 PM
once you get a little experience, go ahead and settle in at 3/6. the players aren't as loose, but it is still normal to see 4 way pots on fourth street.

also, the ante eats you up at .50/1. the ante at .50/1 is .25, and at 3/6 it is .50, which is proportionally one-third as big! think how much more rewarding it is to play tight when the ante is that much smaller.

you'll generally find good stud games at any site except paradise.

kelvin474
10-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Crocksucker,

have you played that .25 ante 3-6 stud game at Stars? If so, do you think it's as good as the 3-6 on party?

crockpot
10-10-2003, 12:24 PM
i haven't played stars since i was just starting out online, and then it was only at 1/2 stud and pot limit omaha. the 1/2 stud was tighter than most sites' but provided much more action than paradise despite the relatively small ante of 10 cents.

since the look of online poker has changed a lot since then, i would suspect the 3/6 stud game is decent, but i bet it would be a good 5-10%/4th lower than party.

i may try out the 3/6 stud there the next time they have a deposit bonus. i hear i have one to clear at paradise this weekend, so maybe that will loosen up the games there.

kelvin474
10-11-2003, 03:22 AM
you are likely aware, they have a 20 pct. promotion right now @ Stars (this weekend).

crockpot
10-11-2003, 12:19 PM
so i hear, although i don't see the email and it doesn't pop up when i open the client. do you know hif it's credited automatically?

crockpot
10-11-2003, 01:30 PM

Al_Capone_Junior
10-13-2003, 06:37 PM
I think you should consider playing the 1-2 instead, because it has the same ante but twice the stakes, allowing you to play tighter.

I was playing higher stakes on party, but after getting greedy and cashing out most of my stake, I starting playing 1-2. I love the six player max tables, as short-handed is my favorite way to play stud. I am about up to enough bankroll to once again play higher, but I'd say you're going to do well at either level as long as you have some brain cells in there.

al