PDA

View Full Version : Party $25 NLHE: AK, push or dump?

Guy McSucker
10-09-2003, 09:39 AM
In the big blind I pick up AK. Stack is $22. Woo hoo.

Blinds 0.25 - 0.50. UTG ($35 stack) makes it $3, one caller ($25 stack), button goes all-in for $15. I don't know them I'm afraid - I've only been here one orbit.

So do you push in, or fold? And would anyone just call?

Guy.

KingToad
10-09-2003, 09:59 AM
Hey Guy,

I'm sure we have played the same tables at Party, is this your name there?

I probably wouldn't call, but it is hard to tell not knowing anyone yet at the table. However if I had been there awhile I would.

I had a similar hand last night, which I feel I played horribly.

I am dealt AT /images/graemlins/club.gif in MP, call the .50 , it gets raised to $3, we call, then the guy next to me raises it to $15, then next guy $20 (2 allins). So, I sitting there looking at a $20 call for a pot that is $65. Do I call? I had $40. This is where I need to know my odds. Well I do call.

flop is: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

EP goes allin for $20 (its H2H) I call

turn and river play out 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP had JJ, allin bettor had KK, other guy had 88.

lost my stack.

so do you call? I had KK twice the other night and made similiar bet to get called by AJ and A5. Lost to both when A flopped, what do you do?

tsarrast
10-09-2003, 10:00 AM
the right play here is to fold

crockpot
10-09-2003, 10:05 AM
i have no clue why you are playing this hand for $15. i would have folded it for $3. your implied odds from being suited are destroyed by the big raises. and not only do you likely have only three outs, but you do not know whether they are tens or aces. you may even be up against a big pair and a bigger ace.

dump this hand when the action gets like that.

crockpot
10-09-2003, 10:07 AM
i would fold. chances are you're a coin flip at best and a big underdog at worst. players who will push in with AQ or worse are out there, but they're rare enough that i'll tend to wait for better spots.

if i didn't fold, i would call. i think the added chance that UTG will call with a weaker hand if i don't reraise is worth giving him slight odds to draw out for $7 less.