PDA

View Full Version : Hand From Today Would Like Some Constructive Opinions Thanks

Sven
10-08-2003, 07:57 PM
SB/BB are sitting in Seats 7&8 Seat 9 Folds, Seat 10 Calls, I'm sitting in Seat 1 my hole cards are K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif I call, Seat2,3,4 fold, Seat 5 Calls, Seat 6 Folds and SB Folds and BB Checks.

Flop Comes Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif BB Checks, Seat 10 Checks, I Check & Seat 5 Checks.

Turn Comes 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif BB checks, Seat 10 checks, I BET .50, Seat 5 Calls, BB Folds & Seat 10 Calls.

River Comes 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif Seat 10 Bets .50, I Raise $.50 to $1, Seat 5 Folds, Seat 10 Raises $.50 to $1.50 & I Raise $.50 to $2, Seat 10 Calls.

I have 3 Q's and Seat 10 has K hi Flush K /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif and Wins.

Were did I got wrong?

rkiray
10-08-2003, 08:01 PM
I think you did ok. But since there was only one person left to act after you on the flop, I would probably bet my set unless this person would almost always bet last to act.

GuyOnTilt
10-08-2003, 08:11 PM
I would've bet my trips on the flop since the board is draw heavy, unless I knew the player on my left to be overly aggressive on the flop and would bet if checked to, in which case I'd check-raise.

Sven
10-08-2003, 08:30 PM
Thanks up till this hand when the flops came with pairs if anyone bet most if not everyone got out. I wanted to slow play my hand on the flop and then when the Turn came and I seen another club I knew it was time to bet! But by then Seat 10 had 4 clubs but I didn't know that at the time. Thanks for your input.

Sven
10-08-2003, 08:37 PM
You could be right and I'm pretty sure if I would have checked the turn, they all would have checked to get the free card. Good point!!! Thanks

Mike Gallo
10-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Sven,

I see many mistakes on this hand.

Flop Comes Q Q T BB Checks, Seat 10 Checks, I Check & Seat 5 Checks.

Against a highly coordinated board you should bet out. If you have players who will call you, you should bet out. Do not give any free free cards with a coordinated board. If you have an aggressive player who will raise with his or flush draw, even more of a reason to bet.

Turn Comes 6 BB checks, Seat 10 checks, I BET .50, Seat 5 Calls, BB Folds & Seat 10 Calls.

The only street you played correctly on.

River Comes 7 Seat 10 Bets .50, I Raise $.50 to $1, Seat 5 Folds, Seat 10 Raises $.50 to $1.50 & I Raise $.50 to $2, Seat 10 Calls.

Did you doubt someone hit their backdoor draw?

Were did I got wrong?

By not raising preflop by not betting the flop, and by capping the river. Other than that you played the hand fine.

Sven
10-08-2003, 09:10 PM
Thanks MG for the comments!! I'm new to holdem and have alot to learn! I like reading the posts on here and have learned from them also but I think it would help me to post some of my hands! Well being in early position Lee Jones suggests that you call with this kinda hand. Sklansky says if no one has put any money is the pot if that KQs I should have raised, so I guess I was playing a bit tight but being new to the game most every suggests playing tight and playing Top hands at first. I do apprecaite your comments /images/graemlins/smile.gif