PDA

View Full Version : New Kid On Block makes waves

anaconda2002
10-08-2003, 05:48 PM
A couple of pals and I were talking about the impact absolutepoker.com has made on the player community since bursting on the scene a little while ago. We agreed they have made the biggest positive splash of any site in the past five years. This Wednesday coming i will enjoy a free pizza from MY favorite pizzeria just for spending an hour or more at their 3/6 or higher tables. Pizza-big deal--can order 1 anytime! However that a new site would go to all this trouble for a player promo really turns my crank.
They say they had great success in their Travel Channel T.V. ads but their player oriented support personnel will keep them coming back. No long delays with cash outs or phony baloney stories about why. Anyway just felt like saying that.

anaconda /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

crockpot
10-08-2003, 05:54 PM
wait, where did you see this free pizza offer?

and yes, i too like the site and wish they would get better software so they could really become a competitive force. anyone who has played there knows what i'm talking about.

joeypoker789
10-08-2003, 06:07 PM
You have got to be kidding us about this site. If someone said the sits sucks I certainly wouldn't disagree. I seem to recall someone here or on the other poker forum had problem getting the bonus there a while back. I also hardly ever see more than a token number of players. But, hey if you can a slice, go for it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

crockpot
10-08-2003, 06:28 PM
a month ago i might have agreed with you, but now they've multiplied their user base at least fivefold with some aggreessive advertising and promotions. it's working well, the games are good, and the support is great.

however, they really need to fix up that software. having the buttons in the wrong order, and only nine seats per table, is inexcusable for a contending poker site.

Stew
10-08-2003, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A couple of pals and I were talking about the impact absolutepoker.com has made on the player community since bursting on the scene a little while ago. We agreed they have made the biggest positive splash of any site in the past five years. This Wednesday coming i will enjoy a free pizza from MY favorite pizzeria just for spending an hour or more at their 3/6 or higher tables. Pizza-big deal--can order 1 anytime! However that a new site would go to all this trouble for a player promo really turns my crank.
They say they had great success in their Travel Channel T.V. ads but their player oriented support personnel will keep them coming back. No long delays with cash outs or phony baloney stories about why. Anyway just felt like saying that.

anaconda /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

S-P-A-M, not even creatively done.

ramjam
10-08-2003, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This Wednesday coming i will enjoy a free pizza from MY favorite pizzeria just for spending an hour or more at their 3/6 or higher tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would that be spam pizza? I appreciate the random capitalization of "MY" - it's very Pokerscene-esque. I also love the phrase "3/6 or higher tables" - it's so natural! Was it copied straight out of the site terms and conditions?

Army Eye
10-08-2003, 10:01 PM
You need a better writer for your ads. Sounds too phony. Groups of friends do not sit around discussing how absolutepoker.com has burst on the scene.

Mike Haven
10-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Exactly right.

It is ridiculously stilted, and has quite the opposite effect on the reader to the ad-writer's aims.

I suppose it's cheaper than buying an ad on twoplustwo, but possibly it's a demonstration of how devious a site it might be if a player had a legitimate difficulty of some sort.

I think I'll pass.

Myrtle
10-08-2003, 10:46 PM
Uhhhh...........gag(as in choke)-o-meter off the scale on this one.

1st post for Anaconda, eh? Good choice of names dontcha think?

Freudian slip, mayhaps?

Why don't ya just slither off into the rainforest?

Aceshigh7
10-08-2003, 11:44 PM
This post is hilarious! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

It really turns my crank!

Bradpaisley
10-08-2003, 11:45 PM
i compare absolute poker to americas cardroom, there is never no players there, nice try anaconda

lorinda
10-08-2003, 11:53 PM
Groups of friends do not sit around discussing how absolutepoker.com has burst on the scene.

I think this can be tracked to a typo in the Kahnawake Gaming Times.

I believe it originally read "Absolute Poker has bust on the scene." Underneath was an article about Costa's latest win titled "Pete's a winner".

This might explain your strange post.

Lori

Foldarama_City
10-08-2003, 11:58 PM
I think I may have been one of anaconda's friends that he was talking to. The conversation came up at a 2/4 table at absolute. anaconda has been a regular at the site for a while and so i don't think it's spam as such. i think he is just grateful to absolute for the free money etc and was keen to return the favour. i agreee with crock- the site is getting better - there are generally at least 5 tables going (sometimes very loose) and they have good promotions. I've never had trouble cashing out, replies to e-mails can take a day or two though. The bonuses are easy to clear - you just can't withdraw them for a month.

The software is a little clunky but certainly not as bad as pacific (not even close to being as bad). So I'm happy to play at absolute.

Cyndie
10-09-2003, 12:33 AM
Stop it...please... a good deal, pass it on...spam, pass it up!

tiltboy
10-09-2003, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A couple of pals and I were talking about the impact absolutepoker.com has made on the player community since bursting on the scene a little while ago. We agreed they have made the biggest positive splash of any site in the past five years.

[/ QUOTE ]

What brand of crack are you smoking these days?