PDA

View Full Version : Single Suited Flop Play

robspierre
10-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Looking for some feedback on how badly I screwed this one up.

8-16 at the Bellagio.

I get QsTs in the small blind. Three limpers, button (tight-ish, aggresive good player...had won quite a bit while I was there but did get caught trying to steal with nothing 3-4 times) raises it up. I call the raise, so do the three limpers.

Q1. Should I have just folded pre-flop here?

Flop comes 4s6sJs

I bet out with the Q high flush. Put the feelers out and see what's bitin'.

Q2. Should I have checked here?

Three limpers fold, button raises, I call.

Turn is 10d.

I think this is where I made the biggest mistake. Again I bet out and he raises. I call.

Q3. At this point should I just be looking to check-fold or is this a situation where I should be looking to call it down?

Thanks for any input.

robspierre
10-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Oh, by the way I called the raise on the turn, then check-called the river and he turned over AsKs.

GuyOnTilt
10-08-2003, 05:58 PM
The preflop call is fine. There are a lot of hands the Button could be raising after multiple limpers that don't have you dominated. I think you should be 3-betting the flop. You're playing much too weak/tight if you think that one raise means you're up against a higher flush than yours. You shouldn't be slowing down until you're shown some real aggression.

Aces McGee
10-08-2003, 06:08 PM
Do other people agree with this? It seems awfully weak tight to me.

I would have gone to town on the flop. So he raised my flop bet. So what? He has no reason to put me on a flush yet. He could have any number of holdings (a set of jacks, AKo and AJo with the ace of spades, AA-QQ, etc..)

I'd three bet the flop. Failing that, I'd bet and three-bet the turn.

What do others think?

Aces McGee