PDA

View Full Version : PLAYING THREE TABLES

squiffy
10-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Many posters say that they play three tables at a time. I have tried this but find it difficult switching from one full-page screen to another.

Then I tried fitting three open windows simultaneously on my monitor, as it sounds like others have done.

But to do this I have to increase the pixel parameters so much that the window size shrinks and the color resolution becomes 256k, which is much worse than 32 bit true color.

This makes it very hard to see what is going on at the table because the color resolution is so poor. And the size of the screen has shrunk so much.

Is it just me experiencing these problems? Or do other people just tolerate the smaller windows and lower color resolution.

I have a pretty large 19" monitor.

crockpot
10-08-2003, 03:34 PM
try using the ub miniview, or buying a better video card with some of your profits /images/graemlins/wink.gif. you could even get a card that can output to two monitors, which would help a ton.

tiltboy
10-08-2003, 03:57 PM
It sounds like you may need some additional ram or a complete OS/hardware upgrade if you have to got to 8-bit color when you raise your resolution setting. I run Win2k with 392mb ram, a decent video card, and a 21" monitor and I have no problem running it a true color at 1600x1200 resolution.