PDA

View Full Version : Hand breakdown.

slavic
10-08-2003, 02:39 AM
On the 2+2 table tonight .50/1 Tight pretty darn aggressive. Normally 2 people seeing the flop for 3 bets.

EMP opens, folds to me in the BB and I simply call the raise with 66 (suits don't matter)

(4.5 SB)Flop 7 2 3 r

My assumption is that the flop completely missed my opponent. So either I'm still way behind or I'm the favorite for the hand.

I check, emp bets, I raise, emp calls

Turn(4.25 BB): 6

I bet, call

River(6.25 BB): J

Now I have a quandry, do I check to try to induce a bluff or bet out and hope to be called? He called the turn so perhaps he has showdown equity?

I think I play this wrong and bet, I'm called.

My set takes the hand over KJs

EMP asked what mistakes were made, and as I look at his hand play I'm not so sure he made any terrible ones considering the table.

He raised KJs on a table were a raise likely steals the blinds. He did make a mistake in raising my blind because I will defend it with a lot of hands getting 3.5 to 1. I think the raise is a little loose from EMP but a couple hands later and I'm raising it.

On the flop I checked to him and he bet, that's reasonable. I checkraise and to be frank I do that a lot in blind defence. I also get a lot of free cards and pick up pots cheap on the turn, so it's very hard to put me on a hand here. K high may still be good and since he's getting 7.5 to one on a 6 outer it's correct to call.

Turn: I bet, he's getting 5.25 to 1 on a 6 outer. I think this call is wrong. In heads up play though versus an aggressive big blind is it worth calling? In this case I don't think so and I'd likely fold, or if my opponent may fold a small pair I'd raise.

River: I bet, emp has caught Top pair pretty good kicker versus a random hand. I'd raise and call a reraise. It would suck for me in this hand but heads up top pair is worth a raise.

Thoughts?

crockpot
10-08-2003, 02:51 AM
i like your bet on the river. your opponent is marked with two big cards unless he really respects your raise and flat called with an overpair. (if he has the overpair he may be waiting to raise with it until now.) if he has a hand like ace high he will be unlikely to bet it, and if he does he will not call a check-raise. however, it is also likely he will call your bet with a hand like AK or AQ hoping to win with ace high.

if he just hit a pair of jacks, many players would raise you allowing you to pick up three bets.

i fold in his spot on the turn. even with AJ he has significant added equity if you are bluffing and give up on the river, since he can beat many more hands you might hold. having caught the jack i will probably raise, which is of course unfortunate on the actual hand.

GuyOnTilt
10-08-2003, 02:58 AM
I would bet it, hoping a hand like KJs or AJ would raise so I could 3-bet. However, I don't think checking would be a mistake.