PDA

View Full Version : Yet another TT hand

ThingDo
10-07-2003, 09:04 PM
I'm UTG+1 and I've just joined the table so I don't have any reads on the players. UTG folds I open raise with black T's. UTG+2 calls 2 EP calls 2 EP2 calls 2. Blinds fold.

Flop AQQ two hearts. I bet out, everyone calls...

Turn A. I check a bet comes from EP1 and I check fold...

Should I be betting out on this flop? I thought check folding this turn with A's and Q's with a T kicker was pretty clear cut.

haakee
10-07-2003, 09:21 PM
Is the game you were playing typically loose (i.e. can you expect at least two people to call your bet on the flop)? If so, I think you can check-fold the flop.

GuyOnTilt
10-07-2003, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG folds I open raise with black T's. UTG+2 calls 2 EP calls 2 EP2 calls 2.

[/ QUOTE ]
You must've been playing on one of those new 20-handed tables. 4 out of 5 early position players seeing the flop isn't too uncommon on those, so I hear. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bandorn
10-07-2003, 09:31 PM
A bit aggrosive on flop. Most preflop raisers who hit there hands on flop C/R. Yuor betting out Into this many players looks like a bluff, yuor playing a weak Ace Or under pair to the queens. A check raise bluff might work but only if nobodys holding a Queen or ace. Still checking and folding is the best answer.

Turn good fold.

GuyOnTilt
10-07-2003, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most preflop raisers who hit there hands on flop C/R. Yuor betting out Into this many players looks like a bluff,

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get this idea? I hope you don't think that's the correct way to play...

ThingDo
10-07-2003, 09:37 PM
UTG folds I open raise with black T's. UTG+2 calls 2 EP calls 2 EP2 calls 2.

.... woops /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bandorn
10-07-2003, 09:39 PM
If Im in early position and playing the type of hands that yuo open raise with. That hit this flop. Yes Im going to C/R the flop.

Perhaps, youll point me in the right direction. And explain whats wrong with that?

ajizzle
10-07-2003, 09:53 PM
What effect are you trying to get by C/R the flop?
In my opinion, a C/R on the flop when you hit your hand that you've raised PF is preposterous. A C/R on the flop is usually done to 1) Thin the field, or 2) Buy a free card for one of your drawing hands. The C/R should come on the turn, where you are getting twice the money from people who are staying in on the hand. If you C/R the flop, all the callers pay 1BB to see the turn, then check to you on 4th St. Thus you get 2BB from each person on 3rd and 4th Sts. This is of course assuming that no one folds to your C/R on the flop, which is quite unlikely. On the other hand, a smooth-call on the flop and a check raise on the turn gets you 2.5 BB from each person, not to mention more players you have lured into the hand chasing 3 outers.

Clearly the C/R on the turn is a much better choice.

Bandorn
10-07-2003, 10:13 PM
I see i was not to clear. A c/r on the flop is conditional on the betting being to my near right. Thus trapping 4 or 5 people for 2sb. I prefer this, becuase usually yuor only going to catch 1 or 2 people for 2bb on turn. Of course if the betting at flop is at my near right. I smooth call the flop and C/R or bet out on turn which ever I think will be most profitable.

GuyOnTilt
10-07-2003, 11:38 PM
I don't understand what you're trying to say at all. How do you know if a bet is going to come from your right or left if you check the flop?

If you have your set play be to check-raise the flop if you raise PF and the flop hits you, I think you're probably making some mistakes on the flop. You should have rigid rules that you follow if you have a hand, turning your game into mechanical poker. This isn't EZ-Bake Hold'em.

I don't have this particular stat on myself, but just off the top of my head, I'd guess that I bet into the field about 80% of the time that I raise PF from EP and am not planning on check-folding.