PDA

View Full Version : Scotty and Babe at the Market

PokerBabe(aka)
10-07-2003, 08:59 PM
I had a great day today and it was topped off with a Scotty Nguyen sighting at my local Vons.

I stopped in to buy snow peas and bamboo sprouts and as I was checking out I saw Scotty just finishing up. He bought the usual stuff....7 up, potato chips, toilet paper, etc. We said "hi" to each other as he was finishing up.

Scotty did something before leaving the store that I have never, ever, seen before. He tipped the bagger a few bucks. Nice to see that a guy who worked his way up from nothing has not forgetten his humble beginnings.

LGPG and Tip well,

Babe /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Wake up CALL
10-08-2003, 12:07 AM
Was the beggar Huck Seed?

PokerBabe(aka)
10-08-2003, 06:44 AM

Abe
10-08-2003, 10:07 AM
Thanks, PokerBabe. A very nice Las Vegas vignette.

Those of us who play poker in Gary, Aurora, Bettendorf, St Charles, and Robinsonville will rarely run into Scotty in the local grocery store.

Seriously, a mutual friend introduced me to Scotty a couple years ago at the Tunica tournament. He just seemed extremely polite, softspoken and a very nice guy.

PokerBabe(aka)
10-08-2003, 10:22 AM
Alas, Abe, not only will you not run into Scotty in those venues, but you will not run into your PokerBabe either. You should consider moving to Vegas immediately and hang out at the Vons on Pecos and Windmill /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Scotty is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. He's as gentle as a lamb unless he's playing poker.

LGPG,

Babe /images/graemlins/heart.gif