PDA

View Full Version : KK in PLHE

Riverman
10-07-2003, 08:30 PM
Playing in a decent 10-10 pot limit game at the borgata. Everyone and their brother limps, I raise pot on the button, making it 70 or 80 to go. Only EP, a player who stinks but whose badness makes him hard to read, calls. Flop comes all rags, he bets like 75 into me. Now what? I raised to 200, he smooth calls. Then, another rag falls and he bets 120 into me. WTF? I game he a curiosity call but in retrospect I hate this move. River completes the raggish board and he bets 300. What do I do and what do you think of my play up to this point?

The Gift Of Gab
10-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Give us some stack sizes and an accurate board, my man.

It's hard to to answer without knowing more about this guy. Is he capable of bluffing? Does he realize you probably have an overpair? Did he learn to play from the WPT? It sounds like you didn't like your hand, and I'd probably expect some ragged two pair here. But you were there.

Paul2432
10-07-2003, 09:42 PM
It looks to me like he flopped a strong hand and is trying to keep you in. Like GoG said though without a little more to go on it is tough to say. I think you should probably fold on the river. If you had planned on calling the river (and you should have an idea of what you are going to do on the river when you call the turn) then I think a better play would be to raise the turn to get him to either fold or check to you on the river. If your opponent re-raises you, or bets into you on the river, then I think you can safely fold.

BTW, what is the deal with the blinds at the Borgata PL game. I played that game about a month ago and the blinds were 5-10 which is about the most I'd want to play. Since then I've seen posts of blinds of 10-15 and now 10-10.

Paul

Riverman
10-07-2003, 10:16 PM
Stack sizes are 2000-2500

muck_nutz
10-07-2003, 11:07 PM
I agree with GoG, you didn't give enough to go on. As I read your narrative the blinds are 10-10, 3 limp, you make it $70 to go, one caller in EP. Pot should not be about 180. He now bets $75 into you. You raise a weenie 125 into a 330 pot. WTF were you trying to achieve? Put a real raise on it and then you might be able to make a reasonable fold on the next street. If you are going to just go passive then you would be better off not escalating the pot. The lack of information and weak play on early streets makes it hard to figure out if your play on later streets was good or bad.

limon
10-07-2003, 11:37 PM
i refuse to respond to on line poker posts anymore. the hands and the players who play the hands are beyond stupid. there response to my sage advice is , "its different on line" well...your wrong and F OFF! ok back to the matter at hand.

i what f is "flop all rags" THERE IS NO SUCH THING. what were the cards ILL TELL YOU IF THEY WERE RAGS. ill assum no draws out. WHY RAISE? if all the money gets in w/kk your LOSING. your prob a huge fav or huge dog at this point with little fear of overcards see if he can fire 2 barrels.

5-5 @ hollywood park i made this same play. called $50 on the flop checked behind my opponent on the turn, called $150 on the river. opponent had unimproved AK. wouldn't have played it different if his cards were face up.

muck_nutz
10-08-2003, 03:34 AM
I don't know man. I've played a few hands where my opponents cards were face up (higher limit player who likes to terrorize the lower limit games via aggressive play and turning cards up) and I put my stack in when my opponent had more outs then 3. I'll gamble.

J_V
10-09-2003, 05:46 AM
"i refuse to respond to on line poker posts anymore. the hands and the players who play the hands are beyond stupid. there response to my sage advice is , "its different on line" well..."

C'mon limon. I need some entertainment, stop being so principled. I could use a few more good laughs.