PDA

View Full Version : AJs

ThingDo
10-07-2003, 07:38 PM
I'm posting in the CO and I get AJc. Its folded to me and I raise. Button folds SB folds BB calls.

Flop is K57 K and 7 of clubs. BB checks I bet BB calls.

Turn J. BB checks I bet BB calls. I considered checking behind here and now I'm thinking it might have been correct.

River is a blank non club BB checks I check behind.

Inthacup
10-07-2003, 07:47 PM
Checking behind on the turn is a mistake IMO. Bet the turn and bet the river, even if you don't improve. He'll have a K sometimes, but you would be amazed at what people will call you down with. Especially since you raised your posted blind. I'd imagine any pocket pair, 7 or 5, heck even Ace high would likely call you here. You think "surely not", but I've seen it too many times.

Cup

GuyOnTilt
10-07-2003, 08:03 PM
I think you have a value bet on the river. DEFINITELY don't check behind on the turn. You have no reason to believe your Jacks aren't good.

lil'
10-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Bet the turn, bet the river for value. Worse hands will call you down to the end.

Bob T.
10-08-2003, 04:32 AM
I think that headsup, you have an easy value bet on the river.

Bob T.
10-08-2003, 04:41 AM
The range of hands that people will call on the river with, is so huge, that having second pair in a headsup pot, with an opponent that has shown no aggression, should be an easy value bet.

In the last week, I have twice, got called when I thought that I was on a stone cold bluff, and both times, after I showed my hand, my opponents mucked. If those hands were called, and were good, then second pair is plenty good for a value bet.

6 limpers, I check in the big blind with K6 of diamonds.

Flop A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

I figure with this big of a field, I want to value bet my draw, and I bet out. 3 callers.

Turn, A /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I decide that I want to represent top pair with my flop bet, and fire again.

1 caller.

River, 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I decide that I have to fire the last barrel to try and win the pot. My opponent calls, I show, and he mucks. Hand History shows that he had QJ of diamonds.

ThingDo
10-08-2003, 04:47 AM
Thanks for all the advice guys.

Opp. showed K3 for the win.