PDA

View Full Version : JJ hand 2

Inthacup
10-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Moderately aggressive, pretty predictably 10 20 game. Both of these players are avg. 10 20 online players. Not terribly imaginative, but don't get out of line very often either.

MP limps, CO raises, Button folds, I 3-bet with J /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif from the SB, BB folds, MP thinks and calls, LP calls.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, MP calls, LP calls. I'm done with the hand unless I spike a Jack on the turn.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, MP checks, LP bets, I fold, MP calls.

What do you think of my play? What would you have done differently? Thanks.

Cup

Ulysses
10-07-2003, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MP limps, CO raises, Button folds, I 3-bet with J /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif from the SB, BB folds, MP thinks and calls, LP calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think the chances are that MP limper folds? An average player in an average game, I'd put the chances at exactly "not much." Unless you think the chances are higher than that, I'd usually just call here pre-flop.

[ QUOTE ]
I bet, MP calls, LP calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just about the worst possible flop for you. I'd probably bet as well. Worse hands will fold here, but they'll also bet if checked to and I don't want to call a bet here. But I might just check-fold here, especially if QQ is likely to call me down all the way.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm done with the hand unless I spike a Jack on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good idea. Easy check-fold on the turn.

daryn
10-07-2003, 08:34 PM
i think the hand was played perfectly. your position is terrible in the SB but i think i would have 3 bet and led out just the same as you did, of course you have to check-fold the turn