PDA

View Full Version : JJ preflop

Inthacup
10-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Hi all,

I'm still adjusting to the aggressiveness of 15-30. I would like some opinions on this hand vs. this lineup.

15-30 online, there are 2 players that I've seen playing online 15-30 for at least a year. I don't have much info on them, but let's assume they're long term winners.

Player 1 whom I respect open raises in EP, he is auto 3-bet from the player to his left. I don't know anything about the new player as he has just recently sat down. It's folded to me on the button and I have JJ. What do you do?
I tossed it and moved on. Against a weaker line up I would have considered playing it, but unless I flop a set, I'm not going to be able to play this hand very aggressively. Just want some opinions on this basic preflop scenario. What would you do with 10 10 here? Q Q?

Thanks.

Cup

Paul Talbot
10-07-2003, 07:32 PM
I think foldng is fine with JJ. Very often one of them will have QQ-AA and even if it's AQ and AK (or KQ for that matter) against you or even AK and TT they still have 8 collective outs against you. The combination of the two possibilities makes it a fold against tough opponents. With QQ I think you have to call. You are in a much better position as you dominate AQ, AJ, KQs, JJ and TT and are a small favorite over AK.

Regards,

Paul

Ulysses
10-07-2003, 07:44 PM
In different situations, I'll 4-bet, muck, or cold-call here w/ JJ. TT is exactly the same. QQ should probably be the same as well, but I can't remember ever mucking it pre-flop to a raise and 3-bet. Given the situation you described and how you feel about your competition, I think mucking JJ is a great choice. Being able to make the type of evaluation you did (re: why you didn't think playing it was right for you) is important in being able to beat these games. Nice hand.

daryn
10-07-2003, 08:31 PM
good fold.

i think i would cap with QQ on the button. maybe it's just my experiences but the 15-30 games are usually crazy, and an auto 3-bet doesn't necessarily mean a strong hand, it most often comes from a weaker player who would click 'auto raise' with as little as ATs