PDA

View Full Version : EV too good to be true?

Shank
10-07-2003, 05:03 PM
i posted on this earlier, and didn't get a definitive answer then, so here goes again ...

nightly $7k guaranteed tourney at gamingclubpoker.com (prima skin), buy-in $25+$2 ... last night only 118 players, tonight only me + 24 others registered so far (starts 8pm EST, so 3hrs to go as i type)

what's up with this? is gamingclub / prima so bad that even 10x EV isn't good enough incentive?

am i missing something here?

dwt95
10-07-2003, 05:24 PM
try it out tonight and report back. i saw your post earlier and decided to check it out tonite (at least watch)

even if it isn't on the up and up, it might be worth 54 bucks for a couple of shots at it.

Shank
10-08-2003, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
try it out tonight and report back.

[/ QUOTE ]

... as requested: 132 entrants, so prize pool would have been $3300 vs $7k they guaranteed

Mason Malmuth
10-08-2003, 01:29 AM
Hi Shank:

B&M poker rooms have been known to drop their guarantee after one or two tourneys where they have to make up money. So I suspect that the same will be true on the Internet. So take advantage while it lasts.

Best wishes,
Mason

Shank
10-08-2003, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
B&M poker rooms have been known to drop their guarantee after one or two tourneys where they have to make up money. So I suspect that the same will be true on the Internet. So take advantage while it lasts.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks mason. i've asked the gamingclubpoker support desk about the likelihood of this --- they told me the schedule is confirmed for the month of october, after which they will review it.

Cubswin
10-08-2003, 03:23 AM
Did you look at the results from tonight? It seems they didnt pay out the 7k but rather just the $3300 ($25 x 132 entries) despite advertising the $7000 and even stating it on the registration screen. I would be seriously pissed if i entered this tourny.

regards
cubswin

SwordFish
10-08-2003, 06:16 AM
Cubswin (and they will tomorrow with Prior pitching) -

I haven't played in one of these tournaments, but as I understand it, their software calculates the payouts based on the number of entries. If the prize pool is below the advertised pool, they add on the difference and payout the correct amount to those in the money.

SF

pokerwhore
10-08-2003, 06:32 AM
yeh when the tourny is over you get paid according to those who entered then next day they add the rest to your account. They still working on how to add the guaranteed pool before the tourny starts.

thought i got 7th, heh i got 8th in the 7k too many tournys at once /images/graemlins/smile.gif

but i got paid $132 after the tourny was over and they will add the extra winnings to my account tommorow.

pokerwhore
10-08-2003, 08:20 AM
My account has been updated at royalvegas aka prima network for the extra added money. Total time was 8 hours to add the extra money to my account.

not a bad payout for 8th place /images/graemlins/smile.gif

justus
10-08-2003, 08:48 AM
That's odd. I still haven't received the winnings from a freeroll last week. This is despite emails and 2 phone calls.

dwt95
10-08-2003, 11:04 AM
thanks for the heads-up, now don't tell anyone else /images/graemlins/smile.gif