PDA

View Full Version : Fairly strong but vulnerable Party 50 hand

kelvin474
10-07-2003, 02:54 PM
I have 34o in the SB, I've got $57 stack. No reads on most players- i've just sat down recently.

Limped in many places, I complete (is this routine?) and the BB min-raises to 2. Everyone calls.

Flop 5 6 7 r. I have the idiotic end of the straight. I bet out $10, which was almost pot. Get called in one spot by a guy with the same size stack as me.

Turn: 6, puts out a draw to Diamonds. Your actions here please? I and my opponent both have about 45 dollars left.

AeonBlues
10-07-2003, 04:29 PM
>> have 34o in the SB, I've got $57 stack. No reads on most players- i've just sat down recently.

>>Limped in many places, I complete (is this routine?)

Yes, for a half bet in a multi way pot, you can play some weak hands, as long as you have good jugement in post flop play.

>>Turn: 6, puts out a draw to Diamonds. Your actions here please? I and my opponent both have about 45 dollars left.

Most $50 players will raise you on the flop if they have a draw to a full house. Against some players I would be woried about the board pairing. Assuming I'm against an average opponet, my logic goes like this, "A pot bet is almost the size of my stack (AS the $15 left will be a small bet on the river), a bit less than $30 is a pretty good size pot, and folding is not an option, so I bet all in hoping my opponet folds, the pot is big enough that winning it is more important to me than getting more money out of my opponet. If I'm beat, ah well......

PLEASE NOTE: the $50 game at Part Poker TENDS to have very weak players, if the game was tough, I would bet half the pot and see how my opponet reacts. Betting half the pot when you make a full house is a good way to keep your weaker hands disguesed against tough opponets.

Aeon Blues

The Gift Of Gab
10-07-2003, 07:50 PM
I think 34o is pretty marginal, but you're probably ok if your opponents play as badly as everyone says they do on Party. Bottom anything isn't really what you want to build in this game though.

I would have bet a little more on the flop so I could stack on the turn without having to overbet the pot. I'd rather not scare him into making an inspired laydown of top pair, and you're not getting away from it if you're beaten. Shove it all in on the turn, as there are a lot of cards that can come on the river that may kill your hand or at least your action. At this level he'll probably call with some hands that are drawing thin along with the ones where you get to rebuy.