PDA

View Full Version : Big Slick in the Big Blind

thomastem
10-07-2003, 12:26 PM
I think big slick can be tricky in the BB. A-Q even tougher etc. I typically raise or check based on the amount on players already in which gives me some basic variance.

My Pelican wants to know how others play this hand and what if any situations varry the play. Free Cow dung soup for everyone that contributes.

lorinda
10-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Flopping Broadway is the correct play here.

Do you have rabbit dropping soup instead? I find the cow dung a little strong this early in the morning.

Lori

eugeneel
10-07-2003, 12:35 PM
if sb is the only one in I usually raise or reraise it.

if there are a bunch of limpers in for onebet before me I just call as I don't feel I can knock many of them out.

If on party 15-30, and bb calls, sb will usually call too wih most hands as the blind fee is 10.00 so it's only 5 more for sb to stay in. Here I would raise the AK cause the sb will fold to my raise most the time.

I would not reraise an early position raise if everyone else folds it to me but would checkraise the flop very often to see where I am at.

hmm what other situations are there? if calls in EP and raise on the button or something I will obviously 3 bet it to give callers poor odds or knock them out.

CORed
10-07-2003, 02:51 PM
If it's offsuit, I usually raise 1 or 2 limpers, otherwise check.
I feel that heads-up or 3-way, I have enough advantage that it's a good value raise, even though I probably won't get anybody to fold. With more players, I want to see the flop before I put more money in, because I will need to flop at least a pair.

If it's suited, I nearly always raise any number of limpers, becuase it's much stronger multi-way than offsuit AK. Again, this is a value raise, not a raise to reduce the field.