PDA

View Full Version : KK

morgant
10-07-2003, 10:28 AM
Was playing 1/2 last night and was dealt KK in middle position. One limper to me...i raise, all fold he calls. Flop comes A 6 7 (suits dont matter). He checks, i bet, he raises...i dont know him at all he had just sat down. I fold, and he shows k 9...he says he showed it by accident..was that a weak fold on my part or routine?

ropey
10-07-2003, 10:46 AM
Well, it certainly wasn't a weak fold. That is a tough position to be in when you don't know anything about the player...and its still tough when you know something about the player. I would have folded as well...anytime a limper comes alive when an ace flops tends to be for that simple reason in my experience. Of course, I only play in live games, and I can't recall ever seeing anything like that. Rarely do you see a check raise on the flop (I personally don't see the point), and if you do see one in that situation, you could safely fold to a pair of aces in that situation. Just make a note of what this player did and call him down in the future.

If he is any kind of a player, it was no accident that he showed you...don't be surprised if he has what he is representing the next time you call him down.

-ropey

morgant
10-07-2003, 12:06 PM
So since you rarely see a check raise on the flop should that be a flag that he is trying to steal it...and knew the ace would scare me???