PDA

View Full Version : 50-100 Trouble with Aces Part 2

PokerPrince
10-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Same decent full game. One good player limps in EP, SB completes, and I take a gander at A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif. I raise and both players call. The good player knows I would do this with a variety of hands, including AJ,KQ,88,etc.

Flop-Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB check, I bet, GP raises. SB folds and I call, planning to raise the turn. This player would make this raise with a set,Queen, or even a pair between Q's and 6's. I feel the likelihood of him betting the turn to be high but feel I would push him off anything but a set by reraising.

Turn-Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif

I checkraise him and get reraised with little hesitation. That's not good at all. He's either JUST made two pair with QTs or really did have the set. I call. I ponder over what cards I would like to see on the river and what I'll do if one falls. If an Ace,6, or 2 falls I'll bet it. This player is not the type to go 300 on a semibluff club or straight draw so I'm not concerned about suits.

River-Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, he bets, I make a very poor call against my better judgement. Thoughts? What cards would you like to see on the river and what would you do if they fall? Checkraise if it comes or simply bet out?

PokerPrince

Depraved
10-06-2003, 10:29 PM
I'd like to see a 2, 6, A, and no clubs. I think he could have a hand like Q /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif, so that's why I'd be wary of the completed flush. The K on the river was another lousy card, and if he didn't have 66, I would picture him having a hand just like K /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif if he's a good player (QT utg seems kind of weak).

If I felt he was counterfeited on the river, I'd probably try to run a checkraise since you say he would not have automatically put you on an overpair, and then you smoothcalled his flop raise, making an overpair even more unlikely.

PokerPrince
10-07-2003, 04:32 AM
Well, I've played with this guy many times and I know his play. He also knows my play and knows that I know his play. He's raising before the flop with a hand like K /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif or even the offsuit version. I put him on either one of two hands: QTs or 66. He would not pump me to 300 on a draw, even a mediocre made hand with a draw. I felt the flush had no real baring on this hand and I would have taken any Ace, 6, or 2.

PokerPrince