PDA

View Full Version : Party 3/6 Hand #3 - Are there different degrees of horrible?

FatOtt
10-06-2003, 08:04 PM
Another 3/6 Party hand in a "normal" game. In this hand, there were 2 posters in addition to the regular blinds.

I'm in MP with 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

UTG limps, poster1 checks, I limp, poster2 checks, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
1st two players check, next one bets. I call. Remaining 3 call. 5 players to the turn.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
1st two players check, next one bets. I raise. Only one player folds.

River: T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Checked around.

This is one of the more regrettable hands I played recently. How far on the scale of atrocious does it land?

Ulysses
10-06-2003, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
With two posters in there, I'd raise this hand pre-flop.

[ QUOTE ]
1st two players check, next one bets. I call. Remaining 3 call.

[/ QUOTE ]
No hearts, two diamonds, two tens.... I'd just fold here rather than call w/ my gutshot.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the raise.

[ QUOTE ]
River: T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone probably has a diamond. And they're not folding if they do. I like the check.

[ QUOTE ]
How far on the scale of atrocious does it land?

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno. Somewhere in the middle, I guess, since I only dislike 50% of the streets. I don't think this was very good, but I don't think it was terribly atrocious.

Edited to add: The most money went in on the turn when you were likely to be ahead. No money went in on the river when you were likely to be behind. This hand definitely can't rank high on the degrees of horrible scale.

FatOtt
10-07-2003, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in MP with 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Flop: T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
1st two players check, next one bets. I call. Remaining 3 call. 5 players to the turn.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

River: T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Checked around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big Blind shows Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the winning flush

Next player (Poster1) shows K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif for two pair, slowplayed preflop with a checked option.

I lose with my straight.

Player to my immediate left shows T /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for trip T's.

Very strange hand all around