PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trouble with Party right now?

Fraubump
10-06-2003, 06:56 PM
The software stopped working and I thought it was a problem with my computer, so I uninstalled it planning to redownload, but now I can't get to their web page.

Fraubump
10-06-2003, 06:56 PM

squiffy
10-06-2003, 06:59 PM
I have been having a lot of connection problems recently with Party and Empire. I am not sure if it is my computer or Party. But there have been 14,000 people online recently, which may overload their servers. And sometimes, I am playing on one table, while having connection problems on another simultaneously, which seems more like a Party problem than a line problem.

Also I have cable modem with ATT Comcast and it has never been too much of a problem before. Of late though, I have been getting disconnected from online CHess and from online Poker with increasing frequency.

Someone put up a post recently where they explained how to make sure your computer reconnects quickly. But I cannot find the thread and don't remember the explanation of where to check if your computer is reconnecting properly to your server.

I don't quite understand all the computer connection issues.

NoChance
10-06-2003, 07:06 PM
I get as far as validating my log in but then there are no tables listed.

goodguy_1
10-06-2003, 07:08 PM
yes twice in 5 minutes I was kicked off out of the blue..that never ever happens like that.My connectivity is fine I am playing on Stars and Pacific.
I just left Party.. hopefully it will be more stable in a few minutes.I also noticed the lists werent showing up.I have noticed an obvious increase in lag since the software upgrade on the game lists appearing on each tab.

George Rice
10-06-2003, 07:09 PM
What's really weird is that there are 15,000 players online and very few real money games. Most of the players are in the play money games.

Has everyone finally run out of money?? lol

There are only 2 15/30 games, no 10 seat 10/20 or 5/10 games and only 4 10 seat 3/6 games. What gives?

There were 1100 players registered in the 4 tourneys that are still running, but that can't account for that big a difference.

daryn
10-06-2003, 07:11 PM
you might have "hide full tables" checked off. this would explain why you only saw one 15/30 or whatever you saw.. also another thing is sometimes when the lobby loads, it doesn't show all the tables together , you have to click the limits bar to sort them

NoChance
10-06-2003, 07:15 PM
I tried again and all seems fine. I hope it stays stable.

wdbaker
10-06-2003, 07:20 PM
oh of course, I decide to take up two tables at the NL 100 which is risky enough, one time i can't see the bets so end up winning but only half what I should have and the last of course is the infamous AA in the BB and suddenly all hell breaks loose and they decide to terminate your connection.

you got to love this place

I wrote to them but doubt they will do anything.

Inthacup
10-06-2003, 07:23 PM
I was having problems and did the exact same thing you did. Now I can't get on their website and I don't have the software on my computer anymore. It's very weird. I'm playing on Empire right now with no problems. Go figure.

Cup

chesspain
10-06-2003, 07:23 PM

George Rice
10-06-2003, 07:33 PM
lol--no, I know these things. It's just that there are very few players playing or there is a problem with their software.

Cyndie
10-06-2003, 08:22 PM
go to www.pokerpulse.com (http://www.pokerpulse.com) if you want great information on how many real money tables and players there are...beware there are lots of banners and links there, but darn! None of them are mine!

They also sell lots of information about site statistics.

tiltboy
10-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Retorical question #37: When is Party/Empire/etc going to finally wise up and restrict/eliminate the play money tables?

Probable answer: when monkeys fly out of my butt

Cyndie
10-06-2003, 08:47 PM
I think they have play money games on a whole separate server, but, lol, you might want to ask customer service.

KemKings
10-06-2003, 09:26 PM
The website is up for me but when i double click on the PP logo nothing happens.. anyone else experiencing this?

Legend27
10-06-2003, 09:27 PM
My friend got kicked off twice in a tournament he was in but could reconnect. I got on just to look around it seems there aren't as many tables up at all limits as usual. It's being laggy too. Definetly something wrong with the party poker servers.

Michael O'Malley
10-06-2003, 10:07 PM
Im not sure what is going on. The site is up and running though. If you cant
open the client try closing the process. Ctrl-Alt-Del, then go to Process and
End Task (PartyPoker..exe). Reopen the client and you should be fine.
If you need to get to the website try www1.partypoker.com.

Michael O'Malley
10-06-2003, 10:09 PM
The real money games are on totally different servers than the play money games. Therefore, they have nothing to do with each other.

Cyndie
10-06-2003, 10:15 PM
Strong suggestion...to all nl and pl players...do not play a game that has no all-in protection during times of instability~

thwang99
10-06-2003, 10:28 PM
I want the play money tables there. Many players don't like to just jump into real money games, and this lets them transition easily.

La Brujita
10-06-2003, 11:32 PM
At 11:30 PM new york time i was kicked out of a tourney when I was heads up on Empire. I checked and party was down as well. Did this happen to anyone else at this time?

What is my recourse? I figure a split of the first and second is fair.

aces961
10-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Plus the play money tables condition the fish to play anything, so lets be glad they exist.

NoChance
10-06-2003, 11:36 PM
They have a rule in the FAQ. I think it is number 22. Happened to me once on one of their other skins. 50% of the remaining pay outs splits evenly. Then the other 50% split according to chip ratio. If this ever happens, jot down hand number, tourney number, chip totals, anything you can to assit support in helping. It can be a major pain.

Cyndie
10-07-2003, 12:02 AM
manager of a cardroom said that some crashes are impossible to reconstruct, but most just take time...the panic often comes when the money that was at the tables isn't in your account even after the site is back up again...do not panic, the term is redundancy...they won't lose your money.