PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands related...... If you know me, you'll enjoy this.....*GULP*

Gomez22
10-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Both hands at same table (Party .50/1.00)

HAND 1

Table is short-handed (6 players). I'm UTG+1 w/KQo.

UTG calls, I call, fold, button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

FLOP: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets, I raise, button & SB fold, BB calls, UTG calls.

TURN: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets out (I'll explain later), UTG calls, I call (I know... shoulda raised, but he surprised me here, a little).

RIVER: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets again, UTG calls, I raise, BB reraises (shoulda seen it here, if nowhere else), UTG calls, I WAS thinking he had QJ or Q8, hence the bet out on the turn, I capped, he called as did UTG (UTG was a really bad player... worse than you're gonna think I am here in a minute). BB took it down with 109s, the turned straight. I don't know why in the hell I missed this, because I usually look hard at a board after I raise with top pair on the flop and then am shown some aggression. Oh, well... I was the total fish in this hand, and feel totally stupid for it... That queen on the river clouded my vision, I know that, but I was a total idiotic moron here. Feel free to slam me for this one.

HAND 2

Same table, but filled now.....

I'm in CO+2, with:

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, call, fold, call, I raise, folds to UTG, who calls, other 2 limpers (MP & LMP) call.

FLOP: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me, I bet, UTG calls, MP folds, LMP calls.

TURN: A /images/graemlins/club.gif (Good, but not great)

UTG checks, LMP bets (I'm thinking... here we go again with the turned straight), I raise, UTG folds, LMP calls (maybe he DOESN't have the straight, but I'm still leary after the first hand above).

RIVER: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

LMP bet out, and I only called. He had A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
for two pair, smaller than mine, so I took it down.

I'm usually not that afraid of straight/flush draws, but after the first one, I got gunshy here. Go ahead and blast me for my sissyfied play, please.... Don't be shy.

pufferfish
10-06-2003, 06:41 PM
Hand 1:

As far as missing the straight, you sure aren’t the first one to do that. I don’t think the turn call is bad. BB bets into you after you raised the flop. I’d start thinking about 2-pair or a set. It might be worth a raise if it gets UTG to fold, but that sure doesn’t look like the case.

On the river, the top card pairs and BB still bets into you. Guess I’m a wimp, but I don’t think I’d raise here.

TC,
pf