PDA

View Full Version : PartyPoker - depositing for someone else ?

petsei
10-06-2003, 02:08 PM
I would like to open an account at PartyPoker but I don’t own a credit card. My brother-in-law has a credit card and would be willing to make a deposit in my name. The other means of money-transfer (I’m not U.S. resident) are longwinded and complicated.
Unfortunately, it seems, that the money.would be liable to confiscation.
“If the name on your PartyPoker.com account registration does not match the name on the credit card(s) or other payment accounts used to make purchases at PartyPoker.com; “ (PartyPoker’s Terms & Conditions of Use 17.ii )
Is it really being done like that? Or does anyone know something to the contrary?
Thankful for comments!

Cyndie
10-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Well, the safest way to avoid that is for your brother to open an account...you open an account...he funds his, and transfers money to you...be sure to email party and let them know what you are doing. It may take a little while for his account to have transfer privileges, but if you would like some help, pm for details...you do not want to get party security thinking you are trying to open two accounts.

Most of the time a transfer like that would be from an affiliate to a new account/referral, so they might get confused if it is just one account transferring to another.

petsei
10-06-2003, 07:00 PM
thanks for the advice. I'm going to try it this way.