PDA

View Full Version : How safe are IGMPay and Neteller?

Jim Kuhn
10-05-2003, 11:58 PM
I have both of those linked to my checking account and several thousand dollars of balance. Is my money safe? What countries are they based in and how regulated are those institutions? Could the poker sites themselves 'drain my checking account'?

Alister
10-06-2003, 12:08 AM
I use both NETeller and IGM Pay for withdraws (IGM Pay for Party Poker and NETeller for others) and have never had a problem.

westmt01
10-06-2003, 08:44 AM
Same for me. I've been using both since June and have not had a problem. I've never heard of anyone having a problem with either. I would assume they're pretty safe.

Cyndie
10-06-2003, 01:53 PM
From my understanding, IGMPay is just an Electronic Funds Transfer or EFT to my bank. It is as secure as you can get. You are able to authorize deposits and withdrawals just like paying a utility bill, but poker pays you back when you win, and utility bills just keep on coming.

Neteller does the same thing when it dips into your bank account for a withdrawal, or puts money in for a deposit. Look on the withdrawal page, and you will see EFT as one option. The only difference is that Neteller has your money when it is waiting to go from one site to another, and IGMPat doesn't even go from Party to Empire.