PDA

View Full Version : suck on that, black cat and billy goat!!!! (o/t)

crockpot
10-05-2003, 10:56 PM
yeah cubs!

it's definitely good to see that the umps' screwup didn't cost us the win, even if it did ruin wood's shutout bid.

BBill
10-05-2003, 11:36 PM
Atlanta let 'em win, after all they have a reputation to consider!

richie
10-06-2003, 12:01 AM
Bring on the FISH!!!

Cubswin
10-06-2003, 01:52 AM
CUBS WOOOOO CUBS WOOOOO CUBS WOOOOO CUBS WOOOOO!!!!!

I purchased my plane ticket already and a buddy of mine who works for a MLB team is hooking me up with tixs for every game in florida. I was going to ask the boss for time off work to go see the games but then i remembered that when u play poker for a living you are the boss!!!

regards
CUBSWIN CUBSWIN CUBSWIN

westmt01
10-06-2003, 08:41 AM
2 steps down, 2 steps to go in the Dusty Baker plan. Hopefully we'll have Ron Santo back in the booth soon, and the Yankees/A's/Red Sox visiting Wrigley in 2 weeks.

Go Cubs!

crockpot
10-06-2003, 08:49 AM
one more nice thing: we have a world series history with all three of those franchises, so there will be some nostalgia there.

i still don't know if any matchup can beat cubs-red sox, though.

eMarkM
10-06-2003, 09:33 AM
What a terrific series and win for the cubbies. But I'm a little uncomfortable with all this "the curse is broken" talk I'm hearing here in Chicago. Yeah it's the first series win since 1908, but this is just a division series. Before the 1970s, there was only one series--the World Series. NLDS has only been around for a few years and while a win against a murderous Braves lineup is great, it's not enough to break any curses or heartbreak as far as I'm concerned.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Cubs with Prior/Wood should be able to take the Fish and get to the big dance for the first time since WWII, but really they're in the same spot they were in 1984 and '89--in a series that if they win will put them in the World Series. We know what happened in those other NLCS'.

Cubs fans can't be satisfied by "winning a series for the first time since 1908". They gotta beat the Fish and at least get to the World Series before the lovable loser label is taken away, IMHO, or it will be another heart break.

crockpot
10-06-2003, 09:37 AM
frankly, i'm just looking for an opportunity to silence all the talk about the marlins' young pitching when the cubs are showing theirs is much better.

any chance we could get the managers to arrange a clement-willis matchup in game 4? it will be fun to see the cubs getting the best of that trade after all. (unless alfonseca comes in and blows it)