PDA

View Full Version : Heads up Books

04-10-2002, 12:03 AM
I've read the shorthanded section in HPFAP. I still feel my shorthanded/heads-up game could use some more help. Any books out there that deal specifically w/short handed play? Or at least have an in-depth coverage of it?

Thanks for all responses.

04-10-2002, 12:29 AM
No but if we keep going on about Ray Zee might write one. There is a total lack of significant literature on this very profitable and common form of poker.

Not only would many cash game players read such a book, it would become an integral part of the tournament players library. Ever tried winning a tournament without playing shorthanded? I think the market is much bigger than Mason and Ray imagine.

04-10-2002, 01:16 AM
I'm betting that Sklansky's new book on tournament play will have some of what you're looking for. Speaking of that book, does anyone have any review/initial impressions? I still have yet to stop by the bookstore.

04-11-2002, 12:27 PM
Heck, use the link and order it from Chuck! The deliveries usually come pretty quickly, in my experience... and my local stores don't seem to keep up on the latest books from 2+2.

04-11-2002, 05:11 PM
I mean, you wouldn't have to hold it in your lap or anything. You could just look straight ahead and the letters would just magically be there, an apparent 18" in front of your face or whatever, and...

What? Books about heads-up poker?

Piffle.

Regards, Lee

"Nevermind."

04-11-2002, 07:01 PM
Don't mention HUDs, it reminds me that those network bastards cancelled my favorite show, "American Fighter Pilot".

Now we're reeeeeeeeeaaaaaalllly getting off-topic.

04-14-2002, 06:55 PM
Well i think it's a big void in the literature. And it's not just heads up, it's shorthanded poker as a whole.

I myself am pretty damn good at it, and i realise that shorthanded poker is much more about feel than cards. Perhaps an expanded section of HPFAP is all that is needed for Limit HE, but there are many other games.