PDA

View Full Version : One more. KK in MP

Justaloser
10-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Only two limpers in front of me. I raise w/KK.
Both limpers and BB call.

Flop 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to me, I bet, Two call.

Turn is T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Person in front of me bets. I call as does other player.

River is 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Same action as turn.

Results

Player turns over A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

All four hands I've posted happened in about a 20-30 minute span.

GuyOnTilt
10-05-2003, 10:12 PM
You fail to mention if you had the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, which would change things somewhat. Even without the heart, I'm still raising the turn against an unknown player. If he 3-bets, you can lay down without the heart, and call with. You played this very weakly.

Justaloser
10-05-2003, 10:25 PM
I did have the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

GuyOnTilt
10-05-2003, 10:51 PM
Then it's an easy turn 3-bet.

JTG51
10-05-2003, 11:18 PM
Then it's an easy turn 3-bet.

It's actually a raise not a 3-bet, but that's important. What is important, I think, is that it would be more correct to raise without the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif than with it. That said, I'd raise with either hand against most opponents.

GuyOnTilt
10-05-2003, 11:32 PM
My bad. You're right, just a raise. And yes, I would raise with or without the K of hearts, but with a redraw, it's even more clear-cut.

JTG51
10-05-2003, 11:39 PM
I would raise with or without the K of hearts, but with a redraw, it's even more clear-cut.

I disagree. Raising is less correct with the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif since you can't fold to a 3-bet even if you are sure it means you are behind. It's similar to the idea from HPFAP that says check with a hand that if beaten has outs, and bet with a hand that if beaten has no outs.

I think KK will be good often enough for the raise to be correct either way, but that's not my point.

GuyOnTilt
10-06-2003, 12:01 AM
Wow. I hadn't thought about that. You're definitely right though about it beingbetter to raise without the heart. But I agree that it's a raise either way.