PDA

View Full Version : TT UTG+1

Justaloser
10-05-2003, 09:12 PM
Low limit typical game.

I get two red tens. UTG folds, I limp (raise here?), UTG+2 calls, folded to CO who raises, SB calls, I call and UTG+2 calls.

Flop K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to CO who bets, SB and I call.

Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, I bet, CO raises, SB folds, I call.

River is 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, CO bets, I call.

Results

CO has KK

Redhotman
10-05-2003, 09:21 PM
I think calling the flop here is questionable, and calling the turn is very bad.

Whether or not you want to raise TT PF or limp ISN'T as imortant as how you play if after the flop. Do NOT allow yourself to be trapped when an over card hits.

lil'
10-05-2003, 11:43 PM
You should raise preflop. This also would have made the hand easier to play.

Calling the turn raise and river bet certainly seem pointless. The raiser keeps showing you he has a hand that is better than yours.

Dylan Wade
10-06-2003, 12:03 AM
I like to raise up these hands pre flop in your position in a low limit game. Raising in EP is the only place you can lower the number of players before the flop in no fold'em. Of course 10-10 is a hand that plays well with fewer players.

More importantly, you definitely should not have called this down. Here's a pretty good rule to help you play pocket pairs: see the flop, if you don't flop a set and there are any overcards (such as the K in this case), check/fold. simple as that! If you have an overpair proceed. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif This applies to all pocket pairs 22-KK. Of course there are exceptions, but you'll find yourself with a lot more money if you follow this simple strategy without exception. Later you can try to discover the times where you hang on to underwears- for instance if you have a nice straight draw. It's hard to toss out QQ when a K flops, but if you get any action, you're a BIG dog, so usually you want to fold.

Big pocket pairs are good because they are less likely to flop overcards, but once the damage has been done and the flop hits you in the face with an overcard the best you can do is say *shucks* and throw it out. This pocket pair is not magically better after the flop just because it was better before the flop. Your pocket 10's are total crap when an overcard hits the flop, simple as that.

If you do have an overpair make sure you bet for value, this allows you to keep playing even if an overcard draws out later. That's probably the most frusterating thing I ever see BTW.. when you bet an overpair (say K's) down to the river and then an A pop's up and you're beaten by someone with A2. Pretty F*n.. stupid... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif:D:D