PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know that HUGE fish-lady from Foxwoods?

eugeneel
10-05-2003, 08:39 PM
There's this lady I was playing with at 20-40 Holdem at foxwoods that was staying in for almost every pot and losing an amazing ammount of money. She was a bit chubby and had light brown hair I think.
What amazed me was that she was on the waiting list for the 50-100 game and kept complaining to everyone about how she had to wait. I asked around and people told me she plays there all the time for as high limits as are open.
Anyone knowwho this woman is and how she can afford to lose so much?
Just curious,
-Eugene

Ed Miller
10-05-2003, 09:19 PM
I constantly get frustrated in Vegas because the worst players at my table always seem to get called for the 80-160 game. I wish I had the skill and bankroll to follow them, but I have neither, so c'est la vie. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

daryn
10-06-2003, 09:56 AM
haha.. how funny. i wish i knew.. although some lady's image comes to my mind, it could be her. anyways, when are you going next eugene

joeysmalls
10-06-2003, 10:53 AM
When you say, "a bit chubby" do you mean she takes up 2.5 seats at the table and has to sit across from the dealer to see the board and get the room? If you do, then I know who she is.

eugeneel
10-06-2003, 12:55 PM
no I mean chubby the way most lazy american women are, but not "beast" chubby.
Daryn, wanna go over this weekend? Mat will probobly go and two kids from amhert college go with us who go every weekend. One of them I think is the best 20-40 player at FW I think, he's soo serious about his game. His name is anthony.

daryn
10-06-2003, 03:32 PM
yeah i'm interested in going, just hit me up with the details. anthony huh? maybe i have seen him , not sure.

daryn
10-06-2003, 03:33 PM
oh yeah eugene, are you going to that Commuter Poker Tour? i will be there, i think that's on saturday.

squiffy
10-06-2003, 04:45 PM
Oh, yeah, I know that lady -- Ronda the Rabbit. The 50-100 sharks always give her some cash, and tell her to play $20-$40 for awhile. They know that after seeing her play for 15-30 minutes and that the 20-40 fish will follow her up to 50-100, where they will be waiting!!!

rrb
10-07-2003, 03:45 PM
Thats Maria. She's overweight but she's not that huge. Played with her often. She plays 30+hr sessions. When she is stuck she will play almost every hand. She plays very very aggressive. She will put some horrendous beats on you. Dont critize her or her play, I've seen her get out of her chair and get right into this guys face, because he was critizing her. Ive seen her do this to 2 different guys. She will usually cause a couple of people to go on tilt. Any game she is in is always great. But fasten your seat belt its gonna be a rollercoaster ride. One session about 2 yrs ago at mohegan 20-40HE, I've seen her go all in, buy in for $500 more, Turn that $500 into about $4000, go almost back down to the felt and back up to about $2000, then she said that she was even so she left, this was all in about 4 hours. You will see her for a while, and then she will disappear for a couple of months, and then come back again. She is a nice lady, just dont critize her. I've seen her play 50-100 several times, but never higher. I dont know how she got all that money, but herd a lot of different rumors - She did win a no limit tournament a couple of years ago, but that was probably only $30000.

eugeneel
10-07-2003, 04:35 PM
thanks that sounds just like her actually. I wasn't mean to her I was just interested. I guess I thought she was worse than she is.

lefty rosen
10-08-2003, 06:48 PM
ROFLMAO!

daryn
10-08-2003, 06:51 PM
did you just laugh at your own poor joke?