PDA

View Full Version : Moronic Tilt Session!!!

Fitz
10-05-2003, 07:22 PM
I have been beating this game for the last 2 years. Slowly, I have built my bankroll up to a very respectable amount. Over the last couple of months playing at Party Poker things have been even better than usual; I'm beating the 3/6 games there for over 3 BB an hour over the last 200+ hours. I played Saturday night, and took my total bankroll to an all time high.

Here is where the trouble begins. I rarely play on Sunday, but after watching the excitement of the Chiefs and Broncos this afternoon, I decided to sit down and play for a little while. I knew better; everything was screaming at me DON'T DO IT!!!! I almost jumped on the .5/1.00 games so the loss wouldn't be so bad! Instead, I dumped 75BB (at 3/6) in about 2 1/2 hours playing some of the worst most tilted poker I've played in years. Other than up my butt, I have no idea where my head was... lol.

The bankroll is still healthy, and I'll start the climb back to a new high in a few days when this wears off and I actually want to play again. I'm really just blowing off steam, but I would be interested if anyone else could shed some light on this kind of idiotic behavior.

Thanks, and good luck all,

Al_Capone_Junior
10-05-2003, 07:30 PM
First... you get too excited over football to play poker immediately afterwords.

Second... it's not a bad thing to play at really low stakes when you feel your game is going to be less than stellar. Sometimes I like to play when I'm good and blitzed. However, I always play 50c-1.00, or the smallest pot limit game available, to keep my losses down if I feel my game will not be at its best. Fun poker is one thing, but seriously cutting into a modest (or even not so modest) bankroll because you're not playing your best is quite another....

al