PDA

View Full Version : Should I lay this down?

incognito
10-05-2003, 03:48 PM
Online $4/$8. I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button. Two limpers (one early position, one middle) to me and I raise, both blinds and the limpers call.

The flop comes T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif. First limper bets, second limper calls, I call, blinds call.

I called for a couple of reasons. The biggest reason was that the blinds were both very loose callers and I wanted them out. I was hoping that by raising the turn I'd actually have half a chance of them folding. Also I had the flush draw so I was less afraid of letting people into the pot. I realize it's a questionable decision, so what do people think?

The turn comes 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. First limper bets, second limper calls, I raise, small blind calls two cold, big blind folds, limpers call.

The river comes 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, the single worst card in the deck for me. Second limper bets out, I call, small blind raises, first limper folds, second limper calls, I call. This felt horrible as I was doing it. I didn't really consider folding to the second limper's bet because it could have just been calculated to knock me off my hand, but should I have folded to the raise?

Results to come later.

Bandorn
10-05-2003, 04:24 PM
You should have raised flop. Its to late at turn when/if yuo hit yuor flush ( build yuor pot now). Yuor also TP/TK and should be played strongly. Yuo want make the straights pay to catch there hands, back door flushes fold. But yuo dont mind if they due call cause yuo got the best hand, plus best draw. Yuo got 15 outs. Also dont forget yuor free card option play that raising might give yuo.

Turn raise Wrong. The straight got here, maybe. But the possibilty exists with this many callers. Also now the back door flush exist. There not folding now. Yuo might be building the pot for someone else. Yuo should call. Yuor chance to raise for effect was FLOP.

River. Yuo should have folded to first bet. He is betting into yuo turn raise. His hand hit. All yuo got is TP/TK. Fold.

brian0729
10-05-2003, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I realize it's a questionable decision, so what do people think?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have TPTK, an overcard, back door straight draw and um the nut flush draw. This is a no brainer. Raise this flop everytime and I would probably cap if reraised. You have a huge hand