PDA

View Full Version : What is a good hourly win rate at $25 NL

AcesFullMike
10-05-2003, 04:00 AM
I've started playing $25 NL at empire. Even with low blinds at .25 and .50, the games are fairly tight with an average of only 4-5 players seeing the flop with 10 at the table.

Over the long haul, what kind of hourly win rate would you expect from this game?

drudman
10-05-2003, 10:40 PM
In the two weeks since I've had pokertracker, I'm making 7.15 BB/hr at .25/.50 on party and it's affiliates. That's playing 6 tables at once and playing according to what is generally considered to be the online NL strategy. (bet big with the hand, fold to big raises)

I have noticed (or at least it seems to me) that the action was MUCH MUCH crazier during the first week or so of playing. Lately all of the games seem to be much less crazy... very few ridiculous calls, which had been party's NL 25 trademark.

Maybe I am getting a reputation or something, who knows.

What are other people making at NL 25, I know most of you seem to play the higher buyins.

crockpot
10-06-2003, 12:45 AM
i think it's important to note that in a game where knowing your opponents means as much as it does in no-limit, your win rate per table will be extremely hamstrung if you are playing six tables at once. i would suspect David could be making perhaps 4 or 5 BB/hour if he focused entirely on one table.

of course, the easier opposition on party is somewhat negated by the fact you can only have 50 big blinds on the table. for this reason there is some merit in playing at UB instead.

drudman
10-06-2003, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would suspect David could be making perhaps 4 or 5 BB/hour if he focused entirely on one table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean 4 or 5 more than I'm at?

crockpot
10-06-2003, 02:09 AM
ah, you meant 7 per table (i admit that upon further inspetion, 7 spread among six tables sounds fairly low.)

i would say you could at least double that at only one table.

AcesFullMike
10-06-2003, 02:11 AM
The games at empire can get real tight. The average pot size can dip to $10 and rarely go over $20. I've had King high flushes and yet win only a $3 pot. Pre flop raises with AA or KK of $2-3 are often met with everyone folding and only one caller. The table you choose to play at is extremely important.

How to do you keep track of 6 tables at once? I find playing two tables is about my limit. Keeping tabs on the type of players at your table is vital.

drudman
10-06-2003, 02:28 AM
Six isn't really a problem for me, I am using two monitors. I know that I could do 9 if I got a third monitor. I'll play three tables if I want to chat or do other things while I play, but when it's game time, I play 6.

ccwhoelse?
10-06-2003, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think it's important to note that in a game where knowing your opponents means as much as it does in no-limit, your win rate per table will be extremely hamstrung if you are playing six tables at once

[/ QUOTE ]

i think his strategy is just play for a big hand and stay out of tricky situations, which is reasonable if you are playing 6 tables at once. that's what i think anyway, even though i'm awful at NL

[ QUOTE ]
bet big with the hand, fold to big raises

[/ QUOTE ]