PDA

View Full Version : I am Acesover8s, and I check the river too damn much

Acesover8s
10-04-2003, 11:38 PM
I know this is a major leak in my game. Please let me know which of these hands you would have bet the river on. All took place in a fairly loose live 10-20 game.

#1--UTG raises, 4 callers, I call with red 99, both blinds come. Flop is 872 rainbow. Checked to me, I bet, lose 1. Turn is a 6, making a 2flush. Checked to me, I bet, get 3 callers. River is a Jack, checked to me, and I check, player behind me checks as well.

#2-- One limper, MP raises, I 3-bet with AA. Blinds fold, those two call. Flop is J78 rainbow. Checked to me, I bet. Turn is an 8. Checked to me, I bet, all call again. River is a 7, checked to me, and I check back.

#3-- Very loose-weak EP limps, I raise with KhJh, BB (loose) calls, and EP calls. Flop is Ad7hTs. Check to me, I bet, only BB calls. Turn is 4s. Checked to me, I bet and get called. River is the 8s. Checked to me, I check back again.

Manzanita
10-04-2003, 11:56 PM
AcesOver8s

#2-- One limper, MP raises, I 3-bet with AA. Blinds fold, those two call. Flop is J78 rainbow. Checked to me, I bet. Turn is an 8. Checked to me, I bet, all call again. River is a 7, checked to me, and I check back.

This one I would bet on the end.

-- Manzanita

Depraved
10-05-2003, 01:22 AM
Here are my thoughts:

a.) Acceptable check. With 3 opponents, betting second pair on the river isn't usually a good value bet IMO. With just two opponents, I'd probably bet more often.

b.) Would MP raise with a 7 or 8? I think it's much more likely he has higher cards, and I'd bet and call any checkraise here.

c.) Don't Bet!!! If your king high is good, why bet? If it's not, it seems very likely you will get called down, and it looks like that's exactly what's happening here. Running hopeless bluffs can be a major leak. Don't get too tricky with weak players. I doubt the 8 or the completed backdoor flush were scare cards to him, and unless he's VERY weak-tight, they almost always call down with a pair if they've called the turn.

gavrilo
10-05-2003, 01:26 AM
#1 Bet
#2 Bet
#3 I really don't like the bet on the turn against a loose player. You are probably going to get called on the river by the loose player and I think betting here is just wasting money when you have King High.

Bandorn
10-05-2003, 01:33 PM
1#. Bet it. Fold to a raise.

2#. Bet.

3#. Check Fold. Yuo should have checked turn. Taken the free card.