PDA

View Full Version : For 2+2 to be successful

04-05-2002, 04:40 PM
it requires many customers like me who will never be good players. It is my contention that over 90% of all poker players will be losers for life. If 2+2 sold only to players who had the potential to be winners, they would go broke. I don't mean to imply that there is no value to the books, I enjoy them and I sure its the main reason I'm small winner for life.

I will continue to buy 2+2 books.

04-05-2002, 06:27 PM
an honest poker player???

lol...good point tho..

yet what is wrong with studying an endeavor, trying to understand it, without necessarily becoming adept...try looking at golf...where an average player has trouble breaking 100....gl

04-05-2002, 10:47 PM
even though many books proclaim that they will make you rich or expert at something, you can only get out of a book what you see in it. for most readers just improving their game is worth the while. for others its becoming the best or close to it. 2+2 would be successful even if its books stopped selling as it has respect for its candid and accurate writings. and success isnt measured only in dollars as some would believe.

04-07-2002, 09:40 PM
From my perspective, the 2+2 books helped give me a good solid strategy. I became a winner when I found the discipline to act on those strategies.

Knowledge without discipline doesn't work.

Keep those books coming.

04-08-2002, 12:21 AM
People should study and pursue what they love to do. I play music and do it professionally but I would never discourage someone who didn't have pro potential from studying it if they love it.

There are people who enjoy poker and want to play it better and the 2+2 books written by world class experts allows them a chance to study the game as it's played by great players. Sklansky is very honest about it and even says that a very small percentage of people that study his material will have what it takes to do it professionally, but his advice has helped "hacks" like me turn into small time winners.