PDA

View Full Version : A "read" heavy hand... this is suspect.

ThingDo
10-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Loose passive party table. However, the player I have a "read" on is in this hand and I tryed to use it to the best of my ability.

The player in question is UTG. He overplays his hands constently and bets has bet his unimproved AK-AT down to the river unimproved 100% of the time. I have yet to see him raise with anything less than AT however... he has played he has been limping with his large hands ( AA - JJ )

So anyway... on to the hand.

I have A3d on the BB and UTG raises. EP calls MP calls LP calls and CO calls. I call...

Flop T73. UTG bets ALL fold to me and I decide to check call this hand down to the river.

Turn is a rag I check call. River is a rag I check call.

I felt that with what I think is a strong read on this UTG player that my play here is correct, however I'm not certain. Can I raise BOTTOM pair at the river here....

GuyOnTilt
10-04-2003, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can I raise BOTTOM pair at the river here....

[/ QUOTE ]

You said your opponent will bet his unimproved strong aces all the way, but would he call down unimproved as well? If not, then I don't see any point in check-raising the river. You won't gain anything when he's on a bluff, and you'll lose an extra bet when he has AT (the only hand that according to your read, beats you.)

ThingDo
10-04-2003, 08:54 PM
I didn't even consider that. Thanks... I was getting greedy there for a second... bleh.