PDA

View Full Version : Roy Mauled

Tuco
10-04-2003, 05:59 PM
Tiger mauls Roy (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=638&ncid=762&e=1&u=/nm/20031004/en_nm/life_magician_dc)

It finally happened. After years of poking and proding, one of S$F's tigers finally had enough of having the bottom of the chair stuck in his face. I'd like to say I feel sorry for Roy, but the truth is different. Tigers don't belong in cages, and I can only hope that the show is closed. The tigers involved are probably going to need human supervision for the rest of their lives, but at least no new tigers will be tortured by these people.

My favorite part is:

[ QUOTE ]
Although (Roy) Horn had told the crowd it was the tiger's first performance, the animal has been performing for years, Kirvin said. There have been no attacks in the more than 5,000 shows the two men have performed at the hotel since 1990, he said

[/ QUOTE ]

It's beyond me why anyone would pay $150 to see this crap. No accounting for taste.

Tuco.

Ray Zee
10-04-2003, 08:29 PM
its terrible how animals are treated. although these probably get the best of all for those stuck in cages and pens.

overall having these kind of shows may actually be better for the future of large animals as people see them and get fond of them. and maybe will help to keep them from extinction. as thats where most large animals that are not domesticated are heading in the future.

trillig
10-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Looks like a good time to retire...

But, great publicity for an even more expensive comeback if Roy survives this ordeal.

I'd opt for retirement, like any job it must be boring as hell by now, except for the over-the-top pay.

-t

Ray Zee
10-04-2003, 11:13 PM
they are exremely wealthy and must continue because they are driven.