PDA

View Full Version : Update on TAPFAP

04-05-2002, 01:46 AM
Our printer tells me that we should see the first copies on Tournament Poker for Advanced Players on Saturday. If this is the case, we will ship them to Chuck on Monday. He should get them a few days later and then begin to ship them to those of you that have ordered them.

If we don't get them on Saturday, we should have them by Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

04-05-2002, 03:50 AM
Mason,

Thanks for the update, I wanted to get my copy so I'd have something to read before I get on the plane to vegas. If there is a gun on the cover, I'll have to tear it off, because the security is goofy at the airport.

Good Luck

Mark

04-05-2002, 07:56 AM
well i'll take off work early to check the mailbox..gr8 news...gl

04-05-2002, 05:03 PM
Will they really confiscate something simply for having a gun on the cover? That seems a little extreme.

04-06-2002, 01:51 AM
Should have a first week special free postage (it costs more than the price of the book to get one here). I'll get 3 copies. Any chance of getting an australasian distributor? Maybe Danny at pokernetwork.com would sell some for you.

04-06-2002, 02:27 AM
It may look like it, but Two Plus Two is not a book retailer. All book sales from this site are sold through ConJelCo ,and they set the price, which by the way has a nice discount.

04-06-2002, 05:52 AM
Hal,

Probably not. But, from a distance it could look suspicious to them if you are waiting for a plane and sitting down reading a book with a gun on the cover. They appear to have an extreme no tolerance policy. I could here it right now. Someone walks by me while I'm reading the book and says as a joke,"Why are you reading about guns?"

Better to keep it consealed with a paper book cover if I plan on taking it with me.

Good Luck

Mark

04-06-2002, 03:05 PM
Yes they will do that if they get a stick up their ass

http://www.citypaper.net/articles/101801/news.godfrey.shtml

this kid had a ton of problems...maybe a poker book will be ok.

04-06-2002, 03:29 PM
Fascinating article.

Doesn't do a lot to promote the tourist industry in America though. I think i might just stay where i am until the madness dies down.

04-06-2002, 06:15 PM
whiskeytown,

Thanks for pointing that article out to us. I'm going to be extra careful on my trip to Vegas this month. I guess I'll have to leave the 2+2 books at home.

Mark