PDA

View Full Version : Kxs in LP

slavic
10-04-2003, 05:13 AM
Party Poker 2/4
Hero has 6d, Kd and is LP

UTG calls, EP1 folds, EP2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, the Button calls, SB calls, BB checks

Flop(6SB): 7c, 4s, 5h

SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls, the Button raises, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero raises, the Button raises, UTG calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls

Turn(10BB): 8c

UTG checks, Hero bets, the Button calls, UTG calls

River(13BB): 5c

UTG bets, Hero calls, the Button calls

RockLobster
10-04-2003, 08:29 AM
Hey Slavic--

Why is hero choosing to play K6s (even from that position)? I'm guessing the game was loose-passive, particularly preflop.

Once the flop call was made, I think the hand was played well.

Bob T.
10-04-2003, 02:52 PM
I think that I would have tried to see the turn more cheaply, than to try and make a value bet with your one card oesd.

After the flop action, I would have tried to checkraise the turn.

Styles
10-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Hero is LP, but, he's in front of the Cut Off? While I would play Kxs in LP, I consider LP the CutOff and the Button. Maybe I'm wrong, that's what I have been doing.

Even in LP I would fold pre-flop with only 2 limpers in front of me with Kxs.

I don't understand re-raising the button after the flop at all. If I had top pair and a OESD like with 76 I would re-raise him then.

Just one passivist's opinion LOL

slavic
10-04-2003, 07:38 PM
Good catch on the LP call, the script auto names players positions. On this table I thought Kxs was playabale here because the four players behind me raise less than 3% of the time and play 70% of hands.

I reraised the flop for value, I put UTG on a made hand and not a draw, most likey top pair decent kicker.

slavic
10-04-2003, 07:50 PM
I was wondering about the 1 card OESD, and the value of it. Here is what I thought at the time though. Does a gutshot nut straight draw stay for a lot of action here, and would an OES nut draw even be in this hand? Next thought, how many people even have a 6 at this point?
[corollary - Why do I have a 6 here? /images/graemlins/wink.gif ]

So I bet it up, I was not counting on my K outs btw.

I screwed up my ability to check raise on the table because of the callstation row on my left. I made them call a lot of double bets on checkraises if they wanted to play so I also got a lot of free cards. I didn't think I could count on the calling station to bet.

I do think a checkraise is a better play, but 2 in hand beat 4 in the bush in this case.

slavic
10-04-2003, 07:55 PM
I'm debating the preflop call. It's LMP and I knew no raise was comming behind me, or at least I had a real good idea a raise wouldn't come.

Does Kx's have much value, err well I'm certainly not sold on it, and I tend to muck these hands 90% of the time.

slavic
10-04-2003, 08:05 PM
Sorry guys I just picked a random hand to test my posting script. I didn't even find this one that interesting other than my pre-flop play was questionable.

For those who are interested.

UTG has K /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (for the chop)

and the Button had K5o (trip 5's)

What was UTG thinking on the turn? Check-call?

Styles
10-04-2003, 08:52 PM
I didn't realize that was the script. Seems to be working pretty well.

As for the raise for value, I did admit I was a passivist LOL

I try to be passive-aggressive ... I do check-raise alot but I hardly ever 3 bet. I'm working on it ...

ThingDo
10-04-2003, 08:57 PM
That script is a nice one... I don't know anything about making them.. but I'd sure like to have that one.