PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss some bets?

themul56
10-04-2003, 03:05 AM
I am playing 5/10 on party poker and have not been there long enough to know any of my players.

I am the BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

UTG+1 limps. EMP limps. MP Limps. Buttons Limps. SB calls. I check. (lots of action and limpers /images/graemlins/smile.gif ).

Flop (T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif)

SB checks. I Check. UTG+1 bets. MP raises. Button folds. SB folds. I reraise. UTG+1 calls and MP reraises and I call.

Turn (5/images/graemlins/spade.gif)
I check. UTG+1 checks. MP bets. I call and UTG+1 calls.

River (9/images/graemlins/heart.gif)

I check. UTG+1 checks. MP bets. I call and UTG+1 folds.

I win with tens with a queen kicker. MP had 10, 7 offsuit.

I put UTG+1 on nothing being as there was no real other draw than the tens or a pockets pair. He might have just been bad or wanted to give money.

I did not know what MP had. I firgured him for maybe tens with a better kicker like A,10 , but I was worried about him having pocket 3's. Should I have raised on the turn because I had a good kicker or to see if he had 3's? I think I played it weak because my kicker was good, but I don't know. Any suggestions.

GuyOnTilt
10-04-2003, 03:39 AM
I would've bet the turn and gone into call down mode if I were raised.

kiddo
10-04-2003, 01:19 PM
He plays is as fast as one can on flop. If he had 33 for full house, normally he would call behind on flop and raise turn when you bet out. (Or at least I would) Also, I dont think he got AT, for same reason.

I would put MP on the same T as me, and only KT to beat you. (I wouldnt worry about UTG+1, maybe he is slowplaying 33 but then he will tell you.)

This would be a tricky hand for me, I would probably play it like you and say to myself: Now I lost some bets playin weak.

Checkrasing turn will maybe take UTG+1 out, so probably you wont win more doing that. Other poster says to bet out on turn. I dont know. Im pretty sure he wont check behind if you check. And if he got a worse kicker than yours he probably will only call behind. If he got a full house or AT he will probably raise. Good thing with betting turn is maybe UTG+1 will stay in.

If you only checkcalled turn I would probably bet out on river, hoping to catch 1 bb from UTG+1 (maybe he will call as 2nd, but not as 3rd on river?), normally people dont raise you on river unless they got a full house. Or you can checkraise river, but then UTG+1 is certainly out.

Anyway: He played T7o. Those guys are normally impossible to read. Remember who he was.

Robk
10-04-2003, 02:11 PM
I would have given more action with this hand. Your opponents will play many hands without a ten this way, and even if he does have a ten you often have him outkicked.

themul56
10-04-2003, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the info. I got the hand history and put notes on the guy's head. Maybe I will sit at his table again.