PDA

View Full Version : Question about pokertracker results I found interesting.....

Gomez22
10-04-2003, 02:50 AM
I was just looking over my first 5000 hands in pokertracker and noticed something unusual (at least to me). I was checking what my PF% was with various hands, from what position, what I got beat with, when I was beat, etc.

What did I find?

In almost 70% of the hands I lost when PF raising, I was beaten by players that had no business calling and plain old drew out on me hard. These are all low limit games, and I understand this happens, but 70% seems kinda high to me.

Anyways, for some advice, I'll post some of my numbers below relating to stats for all hands played.... If you see anything that I could improve on, please let me know, as I value the advice I get here on this forum. Thanks alot!

Total Hands: 4992
Vol. put $ in pot: 20.65
Vol put in from SB: 34.8 (This is mostly Ax(to 7), Kx (to 7), AXs, KXs, QXs (roughly 50% of the time), suited connectors, suited 1 gaps(above 64s), and unsuited connectors down to 98.
Won $ WSF: 27.56
BB/100 hands: 5.12
WSD%: 29.28
Won SD %: 53.29 (Wish this were higher... maybe I should play tighter after the flop with anything remotely marginal???)
PFR %: 4.73
BB/Hour: 2.84

If there's anything that jumps out at you, please let me know, as I would like to better understand how to implement these statistics into my gameplay to improve more and learn more about hold em.

GuyOnTilt
10-04-2003, 03:22 AM
The first thing that jumps out to me is your standards for complete the SB. Depending on the blind structure is at the limits you play, I think you can be a little looser with your unsuited connectors. I usually complete with offsuit connectors as low as 65o and 54o. Of course this depends on the number of limpers and if you play 3/6 or 2/4 (different blind structure), but I think you can be looser with offsuit connectors.

Gomez22
10-04-2003, 03:30 AM
Maybe this is wrong thinking, but I will generally fold small connectors if there aren't enough players in for the odds to be right. Now.... just thinking about it, I can see that I only have to call half a small bet to see the flop, and this basically doubles (If I'm on the right track, here) my odds going into the flop, so a call could be in order. But... if, for example, in the SB, I call with small connectors, and the BB raises, do I call or fold, or does it depend on what the rest of the table does before it gets around to me (if everyone before calls, I could maybe see a call depending on the number of players; but if there are only 1-2 callers after the BB raise and it gets back to me, should I then fold?). BTW..... going to post another question about that... never have read anything about it in books that I can recall. Thanks for the imput, Guy.

tj00
10-04-2003, 03:35 AM
In a loose game I don't think winning 30% of the time when raising preflop is too far off the mark.

GuyOnTilt
10-04-2003, 03:37 AM
If the BB raises and all the limpers call, then you're getting the exact same immediate odds on your call of the full bet as you were when you completed for half a bet (assuming you play in a blind stucture where the SB is half the BB). So yes, it would be correct to call the raise. No, I can't say I remember reading in any books any specific guidelines for completing your SB with x amount of limpers or anything like that. But I think hands like 65o can be played from the SB for half a small bet assuming there are 4 or more limpers, maybe even 3.

Pensive Gerbil
10-04-2003, 06:30 AM
Your stats are similar to mine, so I think you are a good player! /images/graemlins/wink.gif However, my PFR% and Won SD% are a little higher. This could be attributable to differences in the games we play. If you play in relatively loose games, it would make sense for you to raise less preflop and to lose more showdowns because of being chased by more opponents. Otherwise, you might want to consider whether you are missing occasional opportunities to save a river bet (by folding instead of calling).

-PG

kiddo
10-04-2003, 08:35 AM
Preflop strategy in blind you find in:
http://www.posev.com/poker/holdem/strategy/preflop-abdul.html

ramjam
10-04-2003, 10:52 AM
I agree that your SB plays looks a little tight - although as noted it depends on how many pots are raised and the blind structure. The passive games I play (0.5/1 to 2/4) all have a half-sized SB and my VPIP from the SB is 45.8% (compared to average VPIP from all positions of 18.4%).

I guess the proof of the pudding is in the eating. My overall loss rate from the SB is -0.11 BB/hand. Is this good, bad or indifferent?

Gomez22
10-04-2003, 01:26 PM
Playing in a somewhat slightly loose/passive Party table this morning - .50/1.00

Was in SB, dealt 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I wouldn't normally play this small of a gapper, but there were 4 limpers before me, so I completed, BB checked.

FLOP: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet out, BB called, UTG+1 called, folded to button, who called.

TURN: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet out again, BB folds, UTG+1(super-calling station) calls, button folds.

RIVER: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet out again, UGT+1 calls, I took it down.

Did I play this OK? Should I have completed with the 64 os in the SB. I will say that I had been the only PF raiser since I sat down at the table, so I wasn't fearful of any raises anyplace. Anyways, if you see anything wrong with the way I played, let me know (I had thought about check-raising the turn, but I really didn't think someone would bet the king).