PDA

View Full Version : AJ hand. Not too sure about this one.

Inthacup
10-03-2003, 11:57 AM
15 30 game online. Moderately aggressive table. Pretty loose too.

I open raise on the button with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB and BB call.

Flop comes 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me and SB calls.

Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, I bet, he check-raises, but it was an auto check raise and seemed more like a 'respect this check-raise and fold' kind of raise as opposed to an 'I have trips/straight' kind of check-raise. I'm not convinced that I'm beat. I call.

River: J /images/graemlins/club.gif

He bets, I raise.

What do you think of my play? Thoughts? Comments?

Ulysses
10-03-2003, 12:25 PM
If I were planning to call a turn checkraise (as opposed to 3-bet or fold), I'd probably just check behind on the turn instead. This isn't the kind of board that I keep firing into if I raised pre-flop and missed.

CrackerZack
10-03-2003, 12:33 PM
I've been weighing this play more and more on party 3-6 and can't seem to get off the fence. There are a ton of players who will always call the flop bet, but will fold on the turn making me want to bet this to stop KQ or the like from getting a shot to hit its draw. In this example I wouldn't care that much as drawing to 6 outs with only 6 bets in the pot is something i want opponents to do but usually at 3-6 you can count on the pot being close to 8-10 BBs. I know it has merit, but weighing it vs the decent chance of winning outright puts me on the fence. Against 3 or more players, its an auto-check, but heads up or against 2, I'm not so sure.

Ulysses
10-03-2003, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been weighing this play more and more on party 3-6 and can't seem to get off the fence. There are a ton of players who will always call the flop bet, but will fold on the turn making me want to bet this to stop KQ or the like from getting a shot to hit its draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's definitely true, but I'm still not going to fire again on the turn every time I miss. So when I do, I'd like to have some kind of draw or have the board look less coordinated or be willing to fold to a checkraise. Especially if I have a hand that may well win unimproved.