PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to GrannyMae.

Mike Haven
10-03-2003, 07:51 AM
We've all heard of "Pocket Rockets" (AA) and the "Big Slick" (AKs).

Some even know the "Phil Hellmuth" (black 99) and the "Doyle Brunson" (Ts2s).

But I am delighted to be able to tell you of a hand that will become even more well known over the years, with the Zoo's help.

And that is Granny's favourite hand of the Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/spade.gif which has now been named officially, in perpetuity, the "GrannyMae".

Whenever you are dealt the Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/spade.gif in future I defy you not to close your eyes and imagine Granny's face glowering at you, as always!

(I'll leave it up to you and Granny as to whether you should play it when you get it, though!)

LondonBroil
10-03-2003, 01:09 PM
The next time I get the "GrannyMae" I'm gonna raise it up.

Mike Haven
10-03-2003, 02:17 PM
Good luck!

Hey! How about you (or anyone else?) giving a $10 Bounty to the first person in the SS v Zoo Challenge Tournament who wins a pot (that reaches the flop) with a "GrannyMae"?

The first one who posts their offer below gains the honour.

Inthacup
10-03-2003, 02:28 PM
I'll do the bounty.

tiltboy
10-03-2003, 03:11 PM
How about an aka for this this hand of 'The Drag Queen' (no offense to GrannieMae) because you may get lucky and drag a pot with it but more likely you'll get beaten up and your money taken from you?

Mike Haven
10-03-2003, 03:40 PM
You're on, King Cup! Thank you very much.

(And many congrats on your Coronation!)

daryn
10-03-2003, 03:57 PM
unreal.

i read the post about the granny mae hand.. whatever, then the next hand i get dealt at truepoker , Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

whatever, i raise it up to $3 (this is a NL 50 table) just for kicks. i get two callers. the flop comes KQx, i lead out $5, get called by both. turn is a blank, i check it. guy to my left bets $5, other guy raises all in $7 total, i fold. other guy calls.. anyways, the guy who went all in ends up winning the pot with pocket JJ , while the other guy just had ace high.. i should have trusted in the granny mae i guess

Mike Haven
10-03-2003, 04:30 PM
lol! amazing!

if you had called the $7 would the first guy have been able to raise again, or is there some rule about less than half-bets or something, so he couldn't? if so, $38 to $7 on a GrannyMae seems like good odds to me!