PDA

View Full Version : Way Too Weak?

Schneids
10-03-2003, 03:49 AM
First, let it be said that entering this hand, I was in the midst of a rather frustrating day of getting turned/rivered and beaten with utter diarrhea opposition hole cards. My question is whether I played this way too utterly passive, or, if some of my fears were justifiable for not pumping the pot more?

I am in the SB with T /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. EP1 limps, EP2 raises, and MP cold calls. Button makes it 3 bets, and I call. All others call.

Flop: [8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif]
I check, EP1, and EP2 check. MP bets, Button raises, and I three bet. EP1 cold calls, EP2 folds, and MP caps. Button calls, I call, and EP1 call.

Turn: [8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif] K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I check, EP1 checks, MP bets, and Button raises. I call.
Do any of you three bet here again? By now, I am seriously fearing KK. EP1 also calls, as does MP.

River: [8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] 8/images/graemlins/club.gif
All check to button, who bets. I call, as do EP and MP.
Button shows 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, and I take the large $277 5/10 pot with 10's full. If anyone is interested, EP had A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, and MP had K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. Yummy game, I know.

So... Should I have been willing to put more raises in at the turn and/or river, or, based on the preflop, flop, and turn action, were my fears of KK realistically justified based on the given actions of the other players? Note that, up until this point in time, I had not seen this sort of looseness out of any of the people involved in this hand.

Ulysses
10-03-2003, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Turn: [8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif] K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I check, EP1 checks, MP bets, and Button raises. I call.
Do any of you three bet here again?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, though I would have probably just bet out, planning to 3-bet MP's raise.

[ QUOTE ]
River: [8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] 8/images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, I'd bet out. If raised with a couple of callers in between, I'll 3-bet again. If they fold and I'm raised, I might contemplate just calling (esp. if I 3-bet the turn and someone 4-bet).

[ QUOTE ]
So... Should I have been willing to put more raises in at the turn and/or river

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have. Sometimes you run into set over set or quads. But more often you're running into overpairs, two pairs, and smaller sets. If you crank it all of those times, it won't matter that you lose a lot the times you do have the smaller set.

Ulysses
10-03-2003, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Note that, up until this point in time, I had not seen this sort of looseness out of any of the people involved in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good reason to consider folding your TT. Especially if you're not going to really pump it when you hit your set.